SL COMPETITION USA | FerrariChat

SL COMPETITION USA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MARCO D4RE, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MARCO D4RE

MARCO D4RE Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Has anyone ever bought wheels from these people? They' re located in Georgia.

Thanks, Mark

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    No, I have thought about it, but every time I call for information I end up getting someone with very poor phone skills that always discourages me.

3. MARCO D4RE

MARCO D4RE Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Ray takes a little time to talk to for sure.

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    I have bought two sets of wheels from them, one set being a spare set of Speedline Challenge wheels. I can't remember if it was Ray I spoke to but the person I spoke to both times was very polite and informative but appeared to have a slight speech impetiment.

They went out of their way to get me a replacement SPeedline wheel for my car on short notice.

Would not hesititate to use them again.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23 (for sale)
    www.flatoutracing.net

5. MARCO D4RE

MARCO D4RE Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks Jon, Ray does have a speech impediment and seems to know his stuff. I felt comfortable with him and now even more so, appreciate it much!!

6. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    No, I know about the speech impediment,
    What I was referring to was differing information regarding wheels available from them... from print, to website and phone being different, and not being able to get a satisfactory answer.
    Maybe it's just me, but when you say you are going to make a run of wheel style X in size Y to be ready in X amount of time,
    and then you call to make sure they are ready and they tell you that they decided no to make them in that size...
    Oh well, at least they have live people there.
    I haven't even gotten a call back from the folks handling the compomotive wheels here in the US after all the times I have left a message for them. Hows that for service.

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I live in the Atlanta area. If you want e-mail the info. I'll check on them and let you know.

8. peter mac

peter mac Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    I have a set of sl comp 2600sm with a major vibration problem I have started to deal with Ray today on this problem . If you are not in a big hurry I will keep you posted. I expect I will have to send them back.Ray and I comunicate by email-no problem.

9. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I purchased my S.L. Challenge rims from Ray a couple of years ago. Real nice guy and quick shipment.

10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I got my 355C wheels from Ray no problems. He did exactly what he said he would do.