SL55 vs. 360 spyder | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SL55 vs. 360 spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jon@Tezta, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Maybe I'm missing something here... when has a v8 Ferrari (F40 excluded) ever been any faster than a Corvette? You guys act like this changed overnight.

Great post!

2. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL!! The guy who posted that is my friend!!! That's so funny. Can't wait to show him this!!!!!

On paper, a Modena spyder and SL55 are tied when it comes to 0-60 (according to Motor Trend) so I guess it comes down to the driver. But, of course, it's not all about acceleration.

A Ferrari is a Ferrari, period. No MB can even compare. I drove my friend's SL55 and wasn't that impressed, especially with the handling. The SL55 is all about acceleration, that's it. Oh, and nice exhaust sound.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    In your "REAL world" you race granny's in E55's?

In my real world, I'll never drag race anyone, let alone granny.
    In my real world, most people think my car is faster than granny's.
    In my real world, my car is better looking than granny's.
    In my real world, my car sounds better than granny's.
    In my real world, I have found plenty of fun places to drive around flat ol' Dallas, and my car will be much more exhilirating than granny's on those drives.
    In my real world, I take my car on cross-country trips to wonderful terrain... where my car will be far more fun than granny's.

But if your "REAL world" priority is outrunning granny's at stoplights, by all means do NOT buy a Ferrari!

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Well stated Brian.

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    LOL
    At my offices everyone ogles the 550. I always get asked about it. They cannot believe the E55 will kick its butt. (The E55 is putting out around 480rwhp right now, should be 550 by the end of next week), but that is the beauty of the benz. it is a sleeper, the ultimate Q car, but a Ferrari replacement? I don't think so!