355 - Slowwww window | FerrariChat

355 Slowwww window

Discussion in '348/355' started by UpperWorks, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UpperWorks

UpperWorks Rookie

Nov 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ross Cottingham
    So, I had an issue on my car that the passenger window was very slow and got to the point where it needed a push down to get it started on it's journey.

The car was in for service at my local MD, and they noted that the mechanism is no longer available from Ferrari, but greased it and said it sort of worked. First time I go to use it, it doesn't.

I have a third party warranty that would cover it, and due to the lack of a new part, they were happy to pay for a used item from a reputable parts dealer. So off it went to the MD again.

Part was fitted, MD noted it worked, but was slow. First time I've used it, it doesn't work again.

Has anyone had the same issue, or any suggestions of other factors? The switch is sending a signal to the window (from passenger or drivers door), but it just doesn't seem to have enough grunt to get going.

thanks in advance.

2. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Many posts have been made and many threads created over the years about this issue.

I had it too and corrected it by installing windows accelerators such as those found on superformance.co.uk (Window Booster). Well... in my case I built my own set using four-pin relays as shown in the attachment (search FChat for the actual thread). The difference is night-and-day and installation is easy-peasy.

Attached Files:

UpperWorks likes this.
  3. UpperWorks

UpperWorks Rookie

Nov 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ross Cottingham
    thank you very much.

4. UpperWorks

UpperWorks Rookie

Nov 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ross Cottingham
    ok, so might be a silly question. The part you linked is for the 348, and having spoken with them, they do not know if it is suitable for 355. Also all the threads refer to 348. Appreciate there are plenty of crossover, but can you confirm from your experience that it's the same fix?

5. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I didn't pay attention to the fact you have a 355. Somehow I read "slow window" and I automatically thought you had a 348. My mistake.

As for crossover applications of any form of window accelerator device (whether commercially available or home-brewed such as the 4-pin relays) I encourage you to search the forum, for I don't have any experience with this fix in the 355 environment.