Smartphone sugestion? | FerrariChat

Smartphone sugestion?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by mercedesbenze55amg, Nov 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    So i broke my Blackberry 9000 Bold, do I go back to another one? or do i change it up? I had a Iphone before liked it but couldnt handle the keyboard... any suggestions keyboard is a must

2. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #2 Carsleuth, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    I absolutely love my Tmobil G1. Android operating system is the way to go IMO. I have a friend with a Motorola Cliq and a friend with the HTC Hero. I've tried them both and they are both really great. I tried the new "Droid" as well, but I was very disappointed with it. I prefer the Hero over the Cliq, but I still like my G1 best... :D

If Keyboard is a must, get a G1 or Cliq. The Hero only has an onscreen keyboard. I think the G1 keyboard feels great. The Cliq's keyboard is very good as well.

3. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    problem is im slaved to ATT

4. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

5. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Picked up a Nokia E71X

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Hmm...looks interesting. Last time I had a Nokia, they dominated the market (it was a brick phone). I still have my 8320 Curve with Tmobile, but am thinking about switching to something else. From the pics, it doesn't look like the Nokia has a trackball, but rather a laptop mouse-touchpad thing. Is that the way it works?

7. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Nope its a clicky thing the silver ring aroud the middle button is up down left right and the center button is select

8. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    been playing around with it and its about as good as my previous bold for a fraction of the cost (only 50 bucks with rebate) I highly recommend it! not to mention its the slimmest PDA/Smartphone on the market and its all metal construction so its a good hefty feel

9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I don't think I'll ever be able to use anything other than a Blackberry because of BBM.

10. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    The thing is i just never used BBM, i have unlimited text and AIM on it so BBM is kinda obsolete for me. only a handful of people i know have a bb so i wasn't using it to its full potential

11. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Blackberry is the only way to go

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dump ATT get the droid.

I've had it less than a week, it puts my blackberry to shame, and give the Iphone some things to aim for.

Has a keyboard, I can read the screen with my old tired eyes...

I dumped ATT last week when the dog ate my blackberry and ATT gave me the run around on the insurance I bought.

They can go spit for the cancellation fee, GFL on that to them.

DM