Sniffer Tube Hose Adapter? | FerrariChat

Sniffer Tube Hose Adapter?

Discussion in '308/328' started by scowman, Jul 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    I read all the Sniffer Tube threads I can find and I cannot find an answer to how do you attach a sensor hose to the end of the sniffer tube?

It's a question that has been asked many times but the answers seem to come back with alternatives to stock sniffer tube set up.

Those modifications kind of make sense because the stock tube has a 6m x 1.0 bolt plugging the end. Not very big to let gas through but I would like to stick to stock if I can.

I was thinking maybe a banjo hydraulic fitting for bike brakes but those are expensive.

Next is a brake bleed nipple, but that does not seem to provide enough stem to attach a hose.

Any other ideas? Anyone know what Ferrari used?

Cheers

2. FourCam

FourCam Formula Junior

May 19, 2004
    Loveland CO
    Full Name:
    Cameron MacArthur
    Are you referring to the tubes attached to the exhaust manifolds on carbed 308's? If so, I too am curious about any adaptors available to use these tubes to evaluate exhaust gas content for emissions purposes on a cylinder by cylinder basis. Someone out there must have used these for their intended purpose at some point--and what make and model of tester could be used?