Snows for Lusso | FerrariChat

Snows for Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by spyderman, Nov 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    What snows tires have you installed on the Lusso Gt_v12

Dealer recommended the Michelin Alpin PA in 235/35/20 front and 285/35/20 rears. There are also the Pirelli Sotto Zero’s as another choice.

Thoughts?

2. Tireman

Tireman Karting

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Used the Pirelli’s on my FF for 2 seasons... they were excellent!!

uhn2000 likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive used the pirellis also on FF...the car was awesome.. i will try the Michelins next

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've had both Michelin Pilot Alpin and Pirelli SottoZero on various cars (not FF/GTC4 though) and despite usually favoring the tires from Michelin, in this case, I ever so slightly favor the Pirellis. The Pilot Alpin's were very good, I just thought the SottoZeros had a little more grip in all conditions.

spyderman and of2worlds like this.
  5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Good info...thank you

6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    What tire pressure do you use for Michelin Alpin? Only pressure for SottoZero is listed in the manual. Do you go higher like with Michelin PSS? For SottoZero, and likewise for Michelin, do you go 3-4psi higher as is commonly suggested for winter tires?

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have both the Michelin's (are for the CalitHS on ok days) and the SottoZ Pirelli's on FF rims those I used for 2 winters on my previous car and you forget you are on winters - have not tried the Michelin set yet.

spyderman likes this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    One of the techs at a local shop once told me- "oh, the Michelins usually have softer sidewalls than the Pirellis" We were replacing some Pirelli run flat tires on my BMW 750 with MPSS (yes!) At the suggested 39 PSI the MPSS simply looked like they were under inflated. So we tried going in 2 PSI increments and we arrived at +4. This is based purely on how the sidewalls look and also now upon tire wear after driving. I could pull out my pyrometer and see how they are really doing but in this case I don't think is necessary. In the case of the Ferraris I would recommend going with the recommended winter pressure on the door and tweaking from there. I do add another +2-3 psi for winter time depending on the car and what kind of winter we are having. Remember the recommended pressures are for 65F.

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Thanks for the info on recommended pressures!

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I have Sottozero's on my S8 Plus, since they are the only one's to fit 21" rims but would love to try Michelins.
    The latter were suggested by dealer for my wife's upcoming Lusso

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I have heard Michelin has come out with PA5. I wonder how that will compare to the Sottozero.