So are the base Boxster and Cayman officially out of production? | FerrariChat

So are the base Boxster and Cayman officially out of production?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jjmalez, Jan 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was over at the Porsche dealer two weeks ago, and apart from a 992 GTS all the 911s on the floor were GT variants or Turbo/S cabriolets. No Boxsters or Caymans. However, I'm pretty sure everything was used -- er, pre-owned. The profits on the GT2-GT3 must be insane right now, so owners are reselling them.

If you want a base car, be prepared to wait. They get a few base Macans, but even those are scarce right now.

jjmalez likes this.
  3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I had to take my Cayman to the local dealer for a small recall and a couple of campaign issues-- not a big deal-- and got it serviced while it was there. When I was picking it up, I wandered through the showroom. Every car on the floor was used. I don't think I saw a new car anywhere, although they might have had some parked somewhere.

4. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    There are a boatload of new Porsches parked at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

;)

5. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I agree with the limited selection. I was at our local dealer for service 3-4 weeks ago. They had no new cars available on the showroom floor (I think the new Taycan and Cayenne inside were already sold). Their only 911 on the floor was the last model 991.2 version. In the lot they had 991.1 and 997s for sale so they're taking what they can get right now. I saw no Boxsters and no Panameras of any sort.