So disappointed with Eurospares.co.uk ! | FerrariChat

So disappointed with Eurospares.co.uk !

Discussion in '348/355' started by Lars_vet, Jun 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    #1 Lars_vet, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    I am so disappointed with Eurospares.co.uk. I made an order for the service parts for my 348, cambelts, filters, oil pump chain, tensioners, gaskets etc. I also added 2 cans of wrinkle paint to my order. I asked for a complete invoice before they shipped out, I didn’t get that, but thought, hey, what could go wrong.
    Parts arrived 2 days later all well, shipped UPS. BUT they forgot the 2 cans of wrinkle paint…
    Notified them the next day, and they shipped out the following day, BUT they choose to ship them with the postal service, instead of UPS as originally intended, which means that now 20 days later I still haven’t received my paint cans, This means that my car have been on the lift for 20 days extra, just because Euro spares went cheap on me, and did not send UPS as they should have.

I have now asked if they would ship them UPS to me, as I think I have been waiting enough time now ( blocking the lift for 20 days at a garage is not cheap!!), and I would ship back the 2 others cans if they ever arrive.

They told me to pay for UPS shipping then… I asked if they was serious because etc etc etc, the they just replayed “very serious.”

I have now asked for my money back instead…

The tone and their answers have bothered me right from the start. Always very short answers to all questions, which just means even more emails before just get your questions answered. Very poor costumers service IMO.

Rant off!

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Are you sure that the Postal Service will accept spray paint for shipment?

Pangea likes this.
  3. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    I have had similar problems with Eurospares, not an easy company to deal with as far as I am concerned.
    Shipment cost never seems to be as expected. I order one way of delivery and get the most expensive type anyway. It also seems they have a habit of sending incomplete orders without information, even though the info on the website says they have it in stock.

4. tomburns

tomburns Karting

Apr 13, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tom Burns
    It's always tricky shipping fluids. You need to discuss this IN DETAIL before you order.

I ordered a Halon fire extinguisher from the US (to Canada). They certainly know their stuff. The unit was shipped empty to a place i Montreal who filled it and then sent it on to me. Then they found out it needed a French label or something like that, and they took care of that too.

Excellent customer service.

http://www.firefight1.com/index.html

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sorry to hear lars--Hopefully you get things right soon..

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Hmmmmmmm..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    One word of advice - Ricambi.

tatry68 likes this.
  8. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    I guess you are very right sir...they seem so much more pro!

9. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    nope, but that should not be my problem.... It should have gone UPS in the first place..

but they will never admit their fault!

10. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    My own experience of Eurospares has largely been positive, but I think it might depend on who you deal with in the company. The person I have most experience of has always been very helpful and professional but I did speak to someone else once who was much less so.

11. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    Lars,
    Speak to Claudio - he's a decent guy...

Marco

flash32 likes this.
  12. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    thats the guy.... )-:

flash32 likes this.
  13. i_love_cph

i_love_cph Karting

Apr 26, 2007
    MONACO
    Last time I ordered something from them the shipping took 13 days and the shipping cost was more expensive than the things I ordered. Lars, order your parts from Formula the prices are almost the same.

14. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Formula? Who are they?

15. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    Try QV London as well........the guys there will rather come to Denmark than do something you are not satisfied with.

In my opinion the best you can get.

//B//

16. i_love_cph

i_love_cph Karting

Apr 26, 2007
    MONACO
    The danish Ferrari dealer. Very kind people.

17. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Can I ask, why did you feel the need to post your rant online, why could you not email them a complaint letter and let them handle the complaint and hope it is passed on to a senior in the company...

18. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It sounds like he did that already. I hate to wait for things. It's good that I live in a city where everything comes in 2 days.

19. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    I have expressed my complaints quite a few times in me email to them. They only have ignorant short answers for me..

Just sharing me experince with my fellow F guys... Sounds like your from Eurospares....lol

20. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    +1

Probably is....

21. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    No I'm not from Eurospares, just interested in why people always seem to turn to the internet to flame organizations over such minor things! thats all.

22. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    This is a public internet site ---if someone has FIRST hand experience with a sponser, customer, dealer, parts seller and would like to share that info either positive or negative then they should have that right. It's not like Lar's cousin's brother had this problem. It was his FIRST hand experience and account of what happened. Eurospares has the absolute right to come here and defend their actions if they wish..... Maybe his experience saves another potential customer from having an equally negative experience...

EastMemphis and tatry68 like this.
  23. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    +1
    I post good expeiences and bad. I would like to hear from Eurospares too.

24. FezzaDave

FezzaDave Rookie

Apr 15, 2008
    South East England
    Full Name:
    David F

I had a similar experience. A few months ago I bought some parts for the major on my 348 from eurospares and was surprised to see that the tensioner bearings were not the same as what was displayed as the picture on their website. What I received were a yellow colour steel and had no stampings or part number. When I phoned to ask about this they told me that they were made by their manufacturer for them - but they wouldn't tell me anything else apart from that theres were better than any others out there. I felt a bit cheated as I thought I was getting the updated ones that lots of people talk about but they just look like the original ones but with no stampings.

25. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Dave,

You should have sent the bearings back and asked for Hill Eng Bearings, these are the only ones to use on a 348!!

Regards,
    Phil.