So how badly is Ralf injured? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

So how badly is Ralf injured?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Cincy Ken, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I am glad he's ok. We were sitting right above it when it happened. He came to a rest right in front of us. I video taped the whole thing and I still can't believe how long it took to get to him.

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Would you be able to host just that portion of Ralf's crash and the rescue efforts of your video online? It would be very interesting to see what was happening and how people were reacting.

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Well ...Patrick Head hated Ralf and now with Sam Michael in charge , things could change. Both Sam and Ralf are good friends. When Ralf was with Jordan , Sam was his race engineer.

But I keep hearing rumours that Ralf will announce his Toyota deal at the French GP.

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    If really Ralf isn't racing at Magny-Cours you know what could happen....Williams could go get JV to replace him but not only for that race, but for the hole season. This could only happen if Ralf decides to sign with Toyota and decides to let go his Williams seat so he can prepare for next season with his new team.

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    For next year I would like Ralf with JV driving the BMW William Cars.

But I think what will end up happening is Ralf will go to Toyota, Mark Webber moves to BMW Williams and

the big big big surprise will be TIMO GLOCK (the German debutant for Jordan from Canada 2004) will drive for Williams.

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I have to agree ...Ralf with Jacques is what I would like to see.
    But won't happen..

Frank Williams wants JV.
    Sam Michael wants Webber.

And you have Pizzonia and Gene that have a chance.

T. Glock....German driver replacing the german Ralf.
    I remember when Williams signed Ralf, it what the best thing that ever happened to Williams. People were happy because it was a german driver in a german team. They tought Ralf was the guy who would win championships for them. Now are they going to continue the german tradition. I'm sure they will...

Frentzen, R. Schumacher, _______?

Don't forget Heidfeld could be a possibility too.

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I think BMW will force Williams' hand to take a german driver. I think it will most likely be Timo Glock. Then I think Sam Michael will insist on Mark Webber. So there is your two.

Ralf will end up at Toyota with either David C. or the current 3rd driver of BAR Anthony Davidson.

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah right, I can just see Sam saying let's put some bigger ducts on at a track where they know braking is a big issue and are unlikely to check these things!!! Doh!!

And it was probably Sam's fault that Montoya was too slow to get out the car as well.

I don't know why I'm defending Williams but I know I'd never defend McLaren :)

And if FW and PH appoint someone like SM to be TD then he must be good as these guys don't expect to be second for long.

When Webber turns up we will see the true worth of the car and hopefully the return of some tacing with style and class instead of the bash and barge Montoyas shows or our little friend Sato.

Let's leave JV where he belongs ...retired and out of our face, he's a goon!

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wow, total disagreement all the way:

- It was Sam's responsibility to have the illegal brake ducts on the car (I'm not saying it was his decision, but his responsibility)
    - It was Sam's responsibility to have a car on the Indy grid, that actually fires up (JPM's didn't)
    - Ralf's accident has nothing to do with this, no need to bring it up
    - We know the Williams' true value as both Ralf and JPM can drive really fast. Not necessarily consistently, but we do know where the car's potential is.
    - Webber? An ok driver, but not much more. Sato would drive circles around him.
    - Bring JV back. For better or worse.