So is Maserati opening a bunch of new dealerships? | FerrariChat

So is Maserati opening a bunch of new dealerships?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Patman36, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patman36

Patman36 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I ask because my father was out and about today and was near "dealership" row in my city (Tulsa). Anyways, he was meeting someone near one of these dealerships and he remarked about one that was currently being renovated. This particular dealership location has had a number of different marques at it and he commented on this.

The guy he was talking to told my father that Roger Penske was putting in a Maserati dealership there. They just started renovating the place and it should be up by next year. For some background, Roger Penske purchased most of the Ford and related brand dealerships (Lincoln, Mercury, Jag, etc) in Tulsa and renamed them Ford of Tulsa. He has a significant presence in the car industry in Tulsa and the surrounding areas.

Just curious as to what everyones impressions are. The only reason Tulsa seems like an odd choice to me is the fact that Maserati is somewhat of an exotic brand and there are dealerships close by in Texas. And please, no Oklahoma "we don't drive cars, we ride horses" jokes, that ain't true no more :D

Patrick

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Supposedly they started with Maserati in the Ferrari showrooms and will open more "standalone" Maser dealerships in areas that are not close to a Ferrari center.

3. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    Here in Rhode Island Penske bought Inskip Auto center which includes Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Bentley,Acura, Infinity Dealerships. I hear they are adding Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Penske is already a Ferrari/Maserati dealer so I am sure that helped. It was known from the start that Ferrari would be expanding the number of Maserati points to give more exposure to the brand. If you will check back to November, you will see that Luca (Ferrari Pres) made the announcement that the Kubang would be built in the Audi/VW plant where the A8L and the Phaeton are built using the Audi space frame technology. He also said that all Audi dealers worldwide would begin selling Maserati cars. That would add a lot of points real fast.l

I do not know how it happened but Park Place Bentley/Rolls Royce in Dallas acquired a Maserati franchise and Ferrari/Maserati of Dallas is less than 20 miles away. Doesn't make sense to me. Now is Maserati is going to be sold at Audi dealers, there will be three more new points added with the three Audi stores giving Maserati a total of five points in the Metroplex. And two of them being with 3 miles of each other. Sounds more like Ford stores.

5. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    No. I read somewhere that Audi will be used as sales & support point for the new Kubang (SUV), because this car will use some Audi aluminium parts, the Audi 4x4 system and the Touareg V10 Diesel (in Europe for sure).

It seems to not be the same for the Coupe, the Spyder and the Quattroporte.

In THIS way, it makes sense IMHO.

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jack

If you will go to

http://autozine.kyul.net/0_News/Latest/Current/News_frame.htm

you will be able to read the exact quote from the Pres of Ferrari saying that Audi dealers will sell Maserati cars worldwide and Maserati will benefit from this thru the financial products offered by Audi and better exposure. He definitely did not say that Audi dealers would sell only the Kubang.