So lets compare Scuderia specs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

So lets compare Scuderia specs

Discussion in '360/430' started by Trax, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Got it. Seems low is all. What was the price of the base car before any tax or options?

2. broganski

broganski Karting

Jan 4, 2008
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Brogan

So I guess you've ordered your car, congratulations!

3. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Base price before taxes and before transportation (i.e. ex factory) is $235,000. This is an official confirmed price from Ferrari.

4. supraman55

supraman55 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    Thanks. I am waitng for it. Delivery of my Sucderia was delayed from December to January. My dealer promises me that I will get a car this month. Waitng hard. Best.

5. dendk

dendk Karting

Jun 21, 2004
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Dennis Andersen
    sounds like a beautiful car - I'd go with the stripe - I saw the car at the pre-presentation at the Fiorano track and the black+stripe was stunning. IMHO the stripe color is best suitable for black or yellow cars - and as with the Stradale I personally think the stripe is one of the 'defining' options of the car (I'll definately get the stripe when it will be time to spec my Scuderia)

6. supraman55

supraman55 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav

YES.

If you want to have truly unique ask your dealer about posibilty or ordering Nuovo Rosso Scuderia paint. It is Ferrari F1 paint. My dealer told me this color will be available as special order item. Best.

7. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Now it makes sense. That's a lot lower than the US price.

8. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I am currently specing my Scud...and have been told that Factory has withdrawn the Carbon Fiber rear deffuser CEXR until future notice. Anyone know the reason why?

My view is if u don't have the CF rear which saves 10kg in weight ...there is no reason to have the front CEXF (1.5kg) and sides CEXS (4kg).

Any opinion?

9. Stradaleman

Stradaleman Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I was told that there were some problems with delamination of the rear carbon due to the engine heat. In North America, both the front and rear carbon options are not available at present.

10. georgeshayek

georgeshayek Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2007
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Full Name:
    Georges G. Hayek
    #35 georgeshayek, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My specs...

- Rosso Corsa (White is tempting me so much)
    - CALR
    - Black alcantara / red tech. fabric
    - STC1 - red
    - 4 Point safety Harnesses - red
    - Driver's Seat Adjustment Device (A must for resell)
    - Radio / Bluetooth + iPod (We do like to enjoy some music from time to time, don't we??)
    - Racing Livery
    - Gunmetal Wheels
    - Steering Wheel / Carbon / Led
    - Door Sills in Carbon
    - TPMS
    - Space Safer Wheel (Be in need of one... You'll know it's importance...)

That's pretty much it... Could still modify, my allocation is in October. Would consider the Nuovo Rosso Scuderia if that would be available and @ a reasonable price.......

Similar to this...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    My guess is they withdrew it because nobody wanted to pay $15,000 to save 10kg!!!! Not worth it at all...

12. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Hi interesting that u mentioned the drivers seat adjustment device is a must coz i am contemplating if I actually need it.
    In the options list explaination it describes it as a height adjustment. A couple of questions:
    1. What happens if its not installed? the height is fixed? at what level?
    2. The device is independent of the distance (forward/backward) control and the seat tilt angle adjustment right?

Need advice before I tick it off as it cost S$9200 here in Singapore.

13. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    In Singapore its a S$33,000/US$23k option after taxes.

14. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home

Go for it...I did. If you don't, the seat height is fixed and you can only move the seat forward and backward (not sure about tilt though).

The only problem with it is that it can only be adjusted at an authorized Ferrari dealer and NOT manually by yourself....overall, you're much safer going for it than NOT going for it, since you can adjust the seat height according to your needs, and should you decide on selling it in the future, buyers will appreciate this option ;)

15. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    $23,000 US?!?!?! I'd rather spend this money on a nice watch or even some toys instead of a small carbon fiber piece, regardless of how much weight it'll shave off!

16. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Thats for the rear... the front cost US$15,000.

17. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I am wondering if this was standard on the 430 too. I had a 430 with sports seats and don't ever remember ticking this option and I was happy with the height of the seat when the car arrived. BTW I am 5' 10inches tall. Does that give anyone a benchmark on the seat height?

18. georgeshayek

georgeshayek Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2007
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Full Name:
    Georges G. Hayek
    +1

19. al70

al70 Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    #44 al70, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Some more info on attachment.

I've spec'd it and may be that it is not req'd but I'd rather have the option to achieve as close to my ideal driving position, as possible.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Yes I had read it earlier thanks. But has anyone ever used it?

21. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    btw anyone getting the luggage set?

22. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yep I'm getting the luggage, its not clear whether the stripes on it are color coded to match the car - I'm guessing probably yes since my 599 luggage was. My car has black alcantara w/ yellow stiching, so I'm guessing that's how the luggage will come. Just waiting for an order date at the moment, order is in 10 so has been accepted, should go red 10 this week and I'll get my date.

23. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I remember having a similar conversation when i was waiting for my F430... now same for Scud. I was told mine is May production. I have 2 more weeks before my specs get locked into the system. Don't know what status is that.

24. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Loool a total of $38,000 for a couple of pieces of CF...Thats Ferrari!

I'm actually thinking about the luggage set, but what happens if I've already gone for the space saving spare tyre? Would there be enough space for both the tyre and the luggage kit? If so, would there be any space left for anything else? This is important, since I'm contemplating going for the Factory delivery in June.

25. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Hello?? U forgot to add another us$15k for the CEXS side door moulding in CF. So thats a total of US$53,000 for CF parts in Singapore. And the purpose is to reduce the weight of the car by 15.5kg. Yup! What a deal!!!