So who will you support in 2010? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

So who will you support in 2010?

Discussion in 'F1' started by DMC308, Dec 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who will you support in 2010?

1. Michael Schumacher

2. Fernando Alonso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't support anybody.

I just want to see good entertaining racing.

Is that too much to ask?

2. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    It would be like Derek Jeter leaving the Yankees for Boston.
    Would I still be a fan of him? Of course. Would I want him and
    his team to beat the Yankees? Fuhgeddaboutit. When Fernando
    starts winning, I'll see alot of you come around.I hated Alonso
    when he battled Shumi,but now,I'm sorry. Michael should have
    made up his mind on whether he was going to stay or go with
    Ferrari.

3. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    You know your beers. :):) That is some of the best stuff out there. +1 for Michael.

4. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    +1000

I'd rather Massa win the WDC over Alonso. If Massa can't win it then I'll pull for Schumacher, although Alonso will be a force in the Scuderia...
    I'm going to go this way for support:
    1) Massa
    2)Schumacher
    3) Alonso

Either way should be Very Entertaining! Let's see how many cars run out of gas during the race-total crap idea. let them develop the engines and refuel...

5. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Whoever drives for the RED team always get my support!

6. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    #81 HamFan, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
    That is quite possible but wouldn't make me support Alonso...nothing could.

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Why is there no 'both' option?

8. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Team Lotus

9. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Seems you never say that about those on here that support Hamilton. If that's true, that would be quite hypocritical of you.

Massa and Schumacher, Nico and Webber, the rest, couldn't care less. I hope Alonso and Hamilton run each other off the track. Both a*sh*l*s.

10. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    My support will go to Ferrari (as I believe they need all the support they can get)
    I do not like Alonso and although I believe MS is the best of them all, when he is behind a wheel, for me he is as good as dead!
    The only good thing to come out of this is that MS will clip the wings of Hamilton and will teach him to be humble.

11. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    +100
    Absolutely Ferrari
    Drivers: Schumacher, Vettel, Massa.

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have no problem with an occasional fan of Schumacher (or any driver), but when he gets more votes in a poll vs the Ferrari driver, then something seems amiss.

BTW: I'm no Hamilton fan and the folks that are on here are a minority, so it is not an issue.

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So you want the best drivers to crash each other out, so your favorites stand a better chance of winning....good luck LMAO.

14. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I hope Alonso and Hamilton have some great races (along with Schumacher, Massa et al.), and I hope Alonso (and Massa) finish ahead of the rest. Alonso crashing out with Hamilton isn't going to do the the Scuderia much good afterall, is it?

15. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I prefer to think of it as people standing by a Ferrari legend vs someone that will more than likely cause trouble in Ferrari.

Just for the record though, I'am willing to give Alonso a chance IF he performs.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #91 tifosi12, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
    A noble thought, yet I haven't seen too many Niki Lauda fans on here. Normally when Lauda makes a statement, folks on here beat him up with a baseball bat.

I really believe it has something to do with the demographics of FChat and its audience being mostly US Americans who "grew up" with MS dominating in a Ferrari.

Folks who have followed the sport for more than this decade tend to be a bit less in awe of the almighty Shoe.

17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think this is partly true, but why do you have to be American to grow up with Michael dominating at Ferrari?

I've followed the sport since I was at least 3 years old and I also grew with Michael Dominating everything, but people have to stay realistic he ain't gonna be around when he's 50. When people think of F1 they usually think of Ferrari and Schumacher first, followed by other things, but in 10 or 20 years Sch will be thought of as less of a hero and someone else will be thought of like that. I'm not saying Sch will be forgotten completely because that probably will never happen, its just old Sch will be just thought of as a great from the past, like Senna is now.

18. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes

Just goes to show its another c**k up by Luca!!!

Forza Felipe.

Regards,
    Phil.

19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    The problem I have with Lauda is mainly that he was (and still is) quite scathing of the team at every opportunity. It's like (and may well be) that there's a ghost of the past that he can't let go.

As for Schumacher, people need to remember that it was never his idea to join Ferrari in the first place. When Willi Webber first suggested it to him, his reply was : " Why should I go there?. I have to lap those cars every race!".
    Webber convinced him that whilst he could go to either McLaren or Williams and become more successful, if he achieved success at Ferrari, he would become a legend.
    If you look at his early days with the Scuderia, the Tifosi did not take him immediately to heart, they were very cautious (in part due to his previous history, a bit like with Alonso).

This is what is in My mind when I think about Schumacher going to Mercedes. He may have grown to love his time at Ferrari, but it was never his dream to be there!.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good point.

To be perfectly honest I was stunned when I went to Silverstone and saw how much the Brits loved Schumacher. After all it is rare that a German anything gets that much support given the history of the two countries.

21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    It might be informative to redo this poll with options added for Massa, Hamilton, Button, and Vettel.

And then see whether the votes were for Schumi, or against Alonso. ;)

As I said, I'll wait to see what Fernando makes of this opportunity. Will he work with the team, or will the whining start the moment the car isn't at the head of the pack? He's turned a page. Despite all the garbage on previous pages, he has a chance for a clean slate. What he writes on it is up to him.

I'm also wondering if Schumi will re-discover the reasons why he retired in the first place.

22. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yeah, Most of if not all the drivers say that the British fans are one of the most loyal and passionate of any fans not matter who it is for. Obviously generally speaking the British drivers come first for support, you'd be amazed about how many people still cared about Button when he was at Honda always at the back and hardly ever finishing a race. Mind there was a survey some years back about peoples favourite drivers and although Schumi came first they also found that there was a certain chance that he came first because Schumacher is the only driver people knew of at the time. That will be different seen has there has been two British WDC's since then.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This is kinda what I meant regarding the US. It still is that way anytime you read here something about F1: They only talk about Schumacher.

I was a huge fan of the Shoe back in the early nineties when he was just an unknown talent (akin how I feel about Vettel). Once he racked up multiple WDCs I lost interest because his dominance made the sport predictable and therefore boring and because now any Joe off the street could make a perfect prediction by calling the next win/title for Schumi. Where's the fun in that?

24. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Alonso/massa always for Ferrari.

25. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #100 AlexO91, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
    I can see what you mean yes. But based on that theory that means you should like drivers for more than about 3 years. So where does the fascination with Alonso come from?