So who will you support in 2010? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

So who will you support in 2010?

Discussion in 'F1' started by DMC308, Dec 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who will you support in 2010?

1. Michael Schumacher

2. Fernando Alonso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Twofold:

- I like Alonso on a personal level. He comes across as real. He says what he means, even if that is complaining and whining. Schumacher is way too polished for me.
    - I followed Alonso when he was an unknown at Minardi and Renault and was glad to see my "prediction" turn out right when he bagged two titles. But he isn't the overwhelming talent/force that Schumi is, so it is far from certain that he will bag another title with Ferrari (nor were those two he did any certain).

But you're right, once he'll win one or two titles with Ferrari (if he does that is), then my interest will vanish and I'll move on. In fact to some degree I have by focusing on the next WDC in the making: Vettel

2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yeah I can see where you would get Vettel from. I think that the man young driver that will succeed for more WDC's are Vettel and Hamilton, with maybe Kubica or someone sometime after that. And i'm not certain Alonso's second title was justified either but I think the first one was, the Renault was just in a league of it's own in 2005. I would love for Alonso to stick to his word then and win a title at Ferrari and retire then make way for either Hamilton or Vettel. Although I'm not sure Hamilton would go, and I don't know if Ferrari would want him, I mean the last British driver they employed was Eddie Irvine and as for Vettel I think Mercedes have their keen eye on him for future stardom.

3. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    I am a huge MS fan but will only support Ferrari. If they had a blind guy without arms driving for the prancing horse I would root for him too.

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

Good post...

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While I would love to see Vettel at Ferrari (or Hamilton) at some point, it is not the end to all my dreams. Ferrari is my team and they win WDCs and WCCs, but they don't have to win them all. I hate another 21 year drought, but they can go without winning titles for a few years. I want Ferrari to be the winning team, but not the dominating team. I don't want dominating teams or drivers because they make it boring.

6. Earthboundmisfit

Earthboundmisfit Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Where is "none of the above"?

7. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    WOW, I havn't been on F1.com in over a week, and on here in a long time. This situation brings up some important aspects.
    -Thank Schumacher for all he gave us
    -He's the enemy now

Naturally I would have rather had him back at Ferrari, but this is still cool.
    I will always root for the home team (Yeh....Sorry USF1.) or the team I like the best.
    Therefore:
    1. Massa- It would be amazing for him to come back and win a championship after an accident that nearly took his life.
    2. Alonso- I have nothing for or against him. He is with Ferrari, which is all that matters.
    3. Schumacher- He gave Ferrari fans so much. If both Ferraris are out of the race, he gets my full support. If both Ferraris are out of the driver's championship, or the team is out of the constructor's, him and Mercedes get my full support.