So whome here has a Porsche?? Please post pics | Page 4 | FerrariChat

So whome here has a Porsche?? Please post pics

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Coujer, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    This is my 2003 996 Turbo with the X50 package. I also put on the Fabspeed Loud exhaust with racing cats.

2. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    #77 Ruf'dup, Oct 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just bought a 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale and I love the looks and lines of the car. I was wondering why a Porsche post would be up on this site, but I was curious. But to be honest, as far as raw and heart pounding pleasure goes, my 89 Ruf 930 takes the cake. It has 600 HP at the Crank and kicks my pants every time the boost gauge hit 2700 rpm. The ferrari is refined, the porsche is exhillarating and demands attention. Both have their own pleasures. It just depends on what type of car you really like. I love both!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    To Paul, some of us posted on this thread are like you. They either owns both marques or have own one or other marque @ one time or another. Love both cars though. I had a 993 Twin Turbo S @ one time, and it pulled like a rocket ship, my current C4S feels like standing still. Can't imagine your Ruf 930- 600 hp feels like. Henry

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#79 dm_n_stuff, Oct 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I drove Porsches for 20 years. 911's and a 944

Loved them, thought they were the greatest car in the world, until.... I drove my Dino. Even a 30+ year old car gave me bigger grins than the 911's ever did.

Porsches are great cars. Very reliable, fast, fun, less expensive to repair than my Dino by a mile, but, will my next car be a Ferrari or a Porsche? Ferrari all the way. Something modern, but, a Ferrari none the less.

Here's a picture of my last 911,

5. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    Henry,

If you are ever up in the D.C. area, let me know. I will take you for a ride, then you decide!!! As well, the Ferrari gives me grins, it has a sweet tone and sex appeal. As for the true enthusiast of demanding attention and respect, the Porsche demands it. No if and or buts about it. But I bought a different model than most. As it goes, I love both...I wonder how you all feel about old American Muscle. I would hate to see that thread....LOL

6. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    Your 89 is a Porshe (Ruf) not a Ruf-porshe right? Ruf VIN# or P-car Vin #?
    My sis has an 87 RUF VIn# slant. 1 of 4 built. Note my previous post, the car is an animal.......

7. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    It is an actual Ruf. Vin from RUF and badging from RUF. Is an excellent car to drive.

You sister must be a wild woman for driving such a honery vehicle. It isnt a refined driving car. You have to pay attention at all times. Repect its limitations and power, or it will take you for a ride...LOL

How old is your sister? Why did she buy a Ruf?

8. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    To Paul, Thanks for the offer. If ever I'm in the East Coast, I will look you up for the offer and the other way around if you are out West. Henry

9. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    My first ever! I was a Porsche virgin, but this one broke down my P-car resistance!

10. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    So how do you like it? I have heard many things about a bad clutch or somehting? Is this true?

11. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

What a perfect way to start your Porsche experience.

:just looked at your profile:

Holy sh..............................i.............................t

Your profile picture is a thing of beauty. I mean, wow.

:)

12. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    It's a typical racing clutch. Very short travel but entirely manageable. First timers might find it difficult, but after driving it for just a bit you soon figure out the "feel" of where it releases. I enjoy it. The engine revs very freely and that might also throw someone off, if the revs get too high too quick. It's easy to blame the clutch when all that is wrong is just matching the revs to the clutch release.

13. xpresso

xpresso Karting

May 9, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Have a GT3 and Cayenne as well.

14. MPD47

MPD47 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Rochester NY
    I very rarely post here as I dont own a Ferrari (someday, I'd like to have a F355 GTS), but here is my 944 Turbo, which is far from stock.

15. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Those are some very cool lights on your 944. How did you set that up?

16. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    Alex,

I love your profile and cars you own...Very nice! But what I love the most is the obvious, your occupation. LOL Seeking opportunities.......That one made me giggle. I see you have already made your opprotunities work well for you. Kudos.

17. F430xxx

F430xxx Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2004
    Damn they need to name this thread BIG BALLER, LOL

18. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    Alex, wassup with this quote on owning a Porsche?

So you like Bratwurst as well. Just put a little brat in the Vittelo Tonnato and your good to go!

Nice car in the end. So, you dont do films anymore?

19. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    Alex,
    My sis had a ZR-1 corvette and then she had kids. She called me one day and said she had a kid coming and had to sell the vette. I thought great here
    comes the minivan. She then asked "What is as fast as the zr1 and has a back seat" My response was of course a 911 Turbo. She then finds this Ruf car in Miami and the rest was history. She understands now the Zr1 was
    a GT car!!! She is about 40 now and drives the hell out of the car. Alois remembers building her car as it was the 1st imported with DOT approval to the states. The DOT approved RUF as an importer off of her car. I have played on the track with it and it shines, literally as it blows 4 foot flames out
    of the pipes when you let off the gas!!! It is a brute and ran a conservative 11.8 at 124 on the G-tek accelerometer I have. This was easing from a standstill and conservative shifts. The car is fast!! I have a Yamaha R6 that I race and the car will run even from 45-70 with the bike then leaves the bike in its wake. I am a fan.......but it is quite uncivilized!!!

20. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Here are a few shots of my 996 Turbo...

21. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    Jeff,

Nice choice in hardware....but you better get a bigger garage. Damn, that is way to small to harbor and work on those rides.

I see you like silver....LOL

22. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The CGT is Giselle Bundchen.
    Movies are a nice distraction but the only people who make real money there are George Lucas and Steven Spielberg

23. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Thanks. :) That's actually my parent's house. I'm building a house right now that will be ready in the Spring. It has a 4 car garage.

I do prefer silver, but didn't choose the color combo of the Spider. The opportunity to buy it came about out of nowhere and it was a take it or leave it situation. My previous 360 was titanium as well, so I wanted a change, but couldn't pass up on the opportunity to own a Spider, so I took it. As of right now I don't know what color I'm gonna get my 430 in. It's probably gonna be either TDF blue or yellow.

24. Ruf'dup

Ruf'dup Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Washington,D.C. Area
    Full Name:
    Paul K
    Alex,

I thought your name looked familiar. Didnt you make a bunch of money from Heavens gate? That must have been pretty freaky for sure. Man, that was an odd situation.

25. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Weird is a very kind word. We eventually walked away from the screenplay. Working with the last survivor was eerie, and he was way too materialistic about it. Almost like he planned to stay alive to profit from it.
    So no money, but lots of interesting dinner conversation.