So will Hamilton get credit as well? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

So will Hamilton get credit as well?

Discussion in 'F1' started by maxorido, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    But i never said he would not, i said i would not want him to because i like the rivalry. If he does he does, but is he does i wonder would it be another predictable WC win one after another like the Shuey era.

2. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    He did drive an outstanding race, as did Trulli. He is a phenomenal driver with tremendous talent. That being said, I still don't like him and can't see liking him for the foreseeable future. I'm just able to seperate recognition from adoration.

3. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Trulli has appealed the penalty, so all is not lost yet. If it proves that Trulli is at fault then Hambone rightfully deserves the 3rd position.

4. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    No we don't know, not until Kovalainen races past the first corner. Then we will get confirmation one way or another. Regardless, Hamilton drove an awesome race.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You don't have to adore him to recognize his talent, It's that obvious, the problem is quite the opposite, folk blinded by there dislike of him...so to infer folk that defend him, adore him is wrong, there just giving there opinion, and that's like giving candy to a baby as far as I'am concerned..
    You don't like him and never will, fair comment. However you recognize his talent, but do not judge his talent based on your dislike. .fine!
    Jim is zat really you!! ^..:)

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Shouldn't we really be talking about Brawn and Button rather than doing the Fan-Boy for the FIA to resort the race results in Ham's favor after the fact?

I thought we had had enough of that last year???

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #32 kraftwerk, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Trulli did well, however to be out in a inferior car and come from the back, is deserving of praise, which I may hasten to add, Is all I ever read on here last year was: "It's the car blah blah I'll make my mind up when I see him in a crap car", well you got it!
    Or does it trouble you he is British.

8. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

What is fair is fair, If I was working the corner and it happened, I would have to be fair and truthful. Its all part of the job. Even if I know he is a putz.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    We have been! get the thread shut then instead off bumping it!!

10. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Jim, are you ok? :eek:

11. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    read my post above.

12. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeh I know, although it would appear different by some of your quotes, hence is that really you..;)

13. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Joking aside how did Trulli actually get in front as i missed it, did he just blatantly overtake whilst the safety car was out? Seems like a silly thing to do if he did.

14. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Vettel would be the right driver to replace Raikkonen!

15. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If I was working the race and I though he was unfairly judged upon I would fight for him as hard as I fight against him on the Forumn. :D

16. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Can't find the quote right now, but he said (something very close to): "LH suddenly slowed and pulled to the side of the track - I thought he had a problem and slowed down, but had no option to go by him".

Toyota are appealing and I guess they'll take the data to try and back up his "but I slowed down!" claim.

I don't think the decision will be overturned, but who the hell knows with the clowns in Paris....

Cheers,
    Ian

17. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    I see, thanks. Maybe with hindsight he should have just tried to give the position back. Seeing Hamilton follow him around for the rest of the race should have told him that his car was ok and he was not pulling over.

18. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    IIRC,

The yellow was out, but not the SC... Trulli spun off track, and Hamilton went buy. Then the SC comes out. Hamilton is not sure whether he is supposed to give the spot to Trulli or not and he slows... Trulli passes Hamilton thinking either Hamilton has a problem, or that he's giving the spot back.

Upon checking by the stewards, Hamilton was rightfully in 3rd place, and Trulli passing him when the SC was on track was illegal, thereby earning Trulli a penalty.

19. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    I see, it was not as clear cut as i assumed then. I really dont know how i missed all this.

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes that's how I understood it, but when the FIA get's involved you can't say common sense will prevail.

21. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Easy answer to this question. Not after just one race...:)

22. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    +1

23. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    :confused: I was under the impression that Trulli wen't off track when the SC was out.

24. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    #49 zero, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Nor after 10 races this season:)....nor any season. Even if he started from the back of every one and got a podium for each one.

25. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Alonso wont allow Vettle on the team.
    Vettle may allow Alonso.
    Lets see who finishes stronger the next year or two.

And Kimi is not done yet.