So you think the Enzo is fast? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

So you think the Enzo is fast?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by allanlambo, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny USA

Johnny USA Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 28, 2003
    Do we have a volvo vs lambo race?

2. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    my neighbor has this little tube frame go-ped thingy that shoots flames out the back and runs the quarter in 12.5 secs...
    but its still a go-ped.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yeah a goped that for a few bucks makes the guys with fat wallets sweat. Like a 90k Porsche makes 360 owners cringe and 30k Subaru WRX's make everyone sweat. Bang for the buck? well I guess we are going that route. Style on the otherhand is irrelevant to price.

Nah, not worth the trouble, because even though I doubt a podium in my case unless alan loses it in a turn, it will still be funny on straight aways where a 1700lb car can keep good pace with him. that alone with spectators going 'hey that Volvo is keeping up with a car 20 times the price' while they laugh/roll their eyes. It would make for great TV. ahahah

How about it Alan a pay per view event and we both go out and buy Maclaren's with our ill-gotten gains and scrap our cars afterwards? Then again I will have plenty of money left over, I may have to spot you the money.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Testshoot... Hey, any chance that Volvo is out here on the Island...?

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Not Long Island, Fashion Island maybe. I fear the mud outside Duck Walk Vineyards in Water Mill/Southampton. Jammed a Pantera in there once on the way out to the summer home in Montauk, vowed never to drive a non-tread vehicle there again, unless it is a rental, then it is Enterprise's problem, not mine :)

6. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I enjoy a sleeper... but with that said why spend so much money on a Volvo? You can make anything go fast so its really not that big of a deal. I don't see why you chose the base of your project to be such a hum-drum go box. You don't have a great car, you don't have a rare/historic car, you don't have a pretty car, you just have a... fast car. I could make a Yugo fast, I just don't see the point. I'd rather spend more and have something that does everything a great car should. I'd rather have a Ferrari/Lamborghini, just my .02.

Happy driving to all though, even if you drive a Volvo. ;)

allanlambo, I just saw a pic of your car, you have something really special! Simply gorgeous.

7. D.E.S.

D.E.S. Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    There is NOTHING faster than an Enzo....! :) God, that is a SEXY car....! Everytime I see it....gosh......what a car.....! :) Oh my gosh, I just came in my underoos....! :) Arrrrgh...!!! What a car...!!! AHHHHH!!! My big head is about to explode...!!! AHHHHH!!! ENNNNZZZZOOOOO....!!!!! :) :) :)

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... When is the next time you intend to be on the Island...?

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If you'd care to hook; even just for a burger, beer or otherwise, PM and i'll give me you my phone number...

11. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    #61 noony, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Very funny....but no real need for it.

Hey Allan, here is our ''mere'' C4. Hope to be upgrading to 996 turbo/GT3/(gasp)360 next year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Let's see, my car was raced, actually has 10 podiums out of 30 races, and p1800s consistently finish in the top 10 in vintage races. Search for OJ Rallye, V-classics, and V-Performance...

Well, the Volvo cost me $2500, the motor was $300, the pistons/crank/rod/valves/extrudehone/turbo/motec/tranny cost me about $6000 and the paint/body/wheels $3000 so for about $12k I have a monster. In perspective the car has a race pedigree, and was quite a well know car in some circles (it was driven on a few tracks by Phil Hill, just not in races), and the price of the car was because of financial issues for the owner. Now before you get into the mystique of your hood badges ladies, the p1800 has a classy look to it that is true.

After tuning and tweaking, I never said it was pretty, the car is still a Volvo, still a 4 cylinder and still kicks the crap out of the competition.

it is in this spirit why i am disappointed in ferrari myself my Volvo eats Vipers, Vettes, Stangs, many many porsches, Rotary tuners, a few supras, and is still a volvo. go explain to your friends how you lost to a volvo. it is far faster than a 456, and has beaten 348s 355s and the occasional 360. Now maybe it is the driver... ;) so to ferrari, a turbo ain't a bad thing, to allan, i just proved your point that a high $ticker does not buy you speed, and to everyone else, i still loved my 550, but the Volvo was a better car to drive.

this summer, i will be doping 1/4 runs and 0-60 tests again, seeing if i can beat 11s again and break the 5 second barrier to mid 4s on my latest tranny.

13. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    That's a surprisingly good looking car. Like a slightly older looking AM vantage.

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
  15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I think that your smoking crack thinking your 1500pd or 2000pd Volvo, that your hoping to break 11's in the 1/4, and mid 4's to 60 is pushing 750hp.

16. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    A 996 TT for 70,000 U.S. dollars? Tell me where because I am in the market for one and I don't find them for less than $90,000.

17. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    You can't find a 996tt in the 70's. The best you will find is a 2001 with no options and 20k miles on it for 80,000.

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    About 3 weeks ago i passed on 01, 20,000 miles red/black with options for 74,000. Theyre wholesaling right around 70,000K, and dropping.