Software Update | FerrariChat

Software Update

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by rich_daystrom, Apr 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rich_daystrom

rich_daystrom Rookie

Mar 15, 2008
    Has anyone heard about a systems software update for the California due soon?

2. sg69

sg69 Karting

Aug 23, 2009
    VA
    Coming sometime in May, I heard. No idea what the update will affect though...

3. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    I just had the updates done for the flaps on the back deck (I really don't notice a difference) and the suspension (significant difference - much better). I asked about this major update for software; The dealer did not have any information - at least that they could share at this time.

4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I heard that a major software update is coming. Don't know exact date or what is affected. Hopefully will be significant updates and fixes.
    The new cars are increasing dependant on software that governs many complex duties.
    Software glitches and bugs are inevitable and so too are the software updates.

5. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    Well - it has been about 3 months. Has any major software update been identified other than the software flash fix for the grinding gearbox? Anyone have any news or thoughts on what the speculated update is?

6. sg69

sg69 Karting

Aug 23, 2009
    VA
    I asked service mgr at dealer and there are just a handful of different "campaigns", they are called. There is one for the magnaride and for the gearbox software. The rest are hardware items.

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    just had campaigns completed, it really (really) tightens up the steering.

8. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I was just in MAG Friday and there was no software update for me. Did the steering update come with the magnetic shock update that I got a few months ago?

9. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    When was your car delivered? Is it an update for more recent builds? My delivery was March 31.