Solar Power Trickle chargers? | FerrariChat

Solar Power Trickle chargers?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by iClosure, Mar 23, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iClosure

iClosure Rookie

Mar 23, 2023
    Full Name:
    J
    Hey guys!

So… I went to buy a Range Rover and left with a Ferrari 488.
    Does anyone know of a solar powered trickle charger? Or correct voltage etc if I find one online?
    I would say not the ones that sit on the window ledge as the car will be covered.
    I’m staying in an apartment with no direct access to a power source suitable.

Before people post; yes I have a house as well, no I don’t want to live in it and yes I can afford the car but thank you for caring!

if the answers no, then I’ll have to invent a solar power trickle charger for Ferrari’s right…? Who’s in?
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. GoHokiesGo

GoHokiesGo Rookie

Aug 1, 2019
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #2 GoHokiesGo, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    I have a similar situation for my Lotus Evora. CTEK has a setup called the CS Free, which has an optional solar kit for it. I do not have the solar kit for mine, rather I use the CS Free as a portable trickle charger. It works like a battery bank for your cell phone, you charge it up in your home (~2 hours to recharge) then you can connect to maintain and top off your battery. I pass by my car daily, so I plug it in one day then recharge the next. If you do have access to power, then just plug it in while connected to the car and it works like a traditional trickle charger

It's not perfect since I still need to recharge it every few days, but it serves it's purpose on the Evora. Plus being a CTEK product, you know you can trust it on your battery. I've been debating the solar kit add on, but this has been working for me for now as a portable battery bank

3. iClosure

iClosure Rookie

Mar 23, 2023
    Full Name:
    J
    That’s sounds perfect. Thank you! I’ll check with CTEK and give them a call tomorrow.