Sold My 1999 360 for $59,992 | FerrariChat

Sold My 1999 360 for $59,992

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin from California, Dec 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    Just to let folks who are curious know, my 1999 360 sold today to asking price of $59,992. I knew it was a fair price when a car in Florida with about same mileage (almost 29k) was for sale for $60,000.

I had started at some high number above $65K in late August. Some other comparable cars at dealers were asking about $64K. Had it at that for a while. Then lost patience and started lowering $500 to $1,000 each week. A bit of a hassle selling as a private party. Lots of inquiries from around nation.

Many low ball offers from dealer types. Couple of folk did sound serious. Had been afraid of looky loos just wanting to test drive but none of that.

The three folk would looked at it loved the car. One decided he wanted a spyder. Another from town here (Camarillo, CA) was scared off by drop in value that occurs as miles put on (He wants to drive 4k miles per year.) Sold for asking to a nice young man looking for his first F-car.

I had held firm on price for several weeks. Figured someone would come to their senses and buy. In pretty good condition. But had replaced trans. I thought a plus but sounds like most thought a negative. Biggest downside was it has been three years since belt service. Darn Ferrari for saying should be done every three years. Pretty ridiculous.

Following are screen shoots from Autotrader ad.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry folk who were hoping I would get more but that is reality.

You guys have been great.

Thanks

Kevin from California

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Somebody offered you $8 less than $60,000.? Did they stop at Starbucks on the way to pay you?
    :)
    Congrats on the sale, good luck going forward!

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I’m pretty sure nobody would pay $8 for garbage Starbucks coffee. I mean maybe if an overpriced food item is included, but as dumb as people are I don’t think they’d pay $8 for some of the world’s worst coffee.

4. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Go to the Starbucks Roastery in Seattle. Most specialty coffee drinks are well over $8!
    Personally, I like smaller coffee shops that roast themselves. Victors In Redmond is outstanding! Starbucks will suffice normally. Hell of a lot better than the Dunkin Donuts on every street corner around Boston!

5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I second the sentiment about Starbucks coffee. I'm not sure why so many hipsters think it's great. Any mom and pop gas station can brew a better pot of coffee.

6. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Seems like a fair price, I’ll be curious to see how the prices pan out in a few years.

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Congrats... I guess... I'm sure you were hoping for more and probably deserved it. Funny how a nice car like yours sells for this and others here are still convinced that these Euro, Salvage Title cars are worth the risk at almost the same price --once properly sorted out. Not to mention if the current owner wants to sell it, it's still a very desirable car albeit not for as much as he may like to get for it, but still... it has marketability.

As for the new trans. I can't help think that potential buyers may have been just using that as a bargaining chip. I would definitely consider that a plus as well as any other "new" or rebuilt parts.

So what's next for your garage, if I may ask?

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Glad you got out of your car if that was the goal. Did you ever get a chance to enjoy it? Your post count was so light we never really got a chance to know you!

9. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    That was the price I lowered it to, just to get it under $60K

10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I know....I was just going for cheap laughs...didn't think it would derail your thread. Sorry!

11. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    I did enjoy it very much but reality set in and sold it to get the cash. Used to buy a Tesla Model S (same zero to 60 time) but really will miss the sound and the beauty of the car in my garage. Gave me a little smile inside every time I glanced over at it.

12. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    I enjoyed the comment. Weird that easier to sell at 59,992 than at 60,008

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It's psychological

14. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Darn. Glad you were able to sell but the softening of 360 prices continues. I had mine sold for 70K but a smog cert delay scared off that buyer. Now just 53K and 56K offers probably from like you said dealer types. The thread about 360 F1 prices being much above 60K makes me chuckle.