Sold My 308!! | FerrariChat

Sold My 308!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Jerrari, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    ...so the hunt is on for it's replacement!! Teetering between a 355 GTS (blue or black) and a 89-91 black or red TR. Will let you know when I find something. Cheers, Jerry.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i wanna say congratulations, but somehow, that just doesn't sound right; i'll wait until you've sealed the deal on your new acquisition before i utter those words... Good luck in your search, though... and post pictures...! :)

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

tr...you have already done the 8 cyl thing. once you go w/ the 12 cyl, you will never go back. it really does define the ferrari experience imho. have fun hunting for your next steed.

pcb

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks guys. I will certainly post pics when I get it (there is no IF...it's when, for sure). Cheers.

5. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Awww crap Jerrry - I loved your 308. I assume you'll bring the replacement to the Italian car show at the Edsel Ford estate next year?

6. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Jerry, we met at Cavalino. Sorry to hear about your loss. Have you check with Martin on your search? The individual that I purchased my 348 from went with a TR and seems to be happy with the decision. Although, a 355 spyder is a nice look too. Decisions, decisions.

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Chris, thanks for the compliment. I actually sold it to a guy in Clarkston, so maybe you'll see it even more!
    Ken, of course I remember you....you silly goose!! I did check w/ Martin & still awaiting his response. BTW: love your 348!!

8. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JER

WANNA BUY MY TR??

9. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey Jerry.
    I saw your car in the Auto-rv trader. Is this the ad that brought your buyer?
    I always get lots of calls from that paper, but since it's free and eveyone picks it up usually they're not serious.

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry , sold the car eh ? There are plenty for sale in the Ferrari Market letter. Good luck ! john

11. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Hey Jerry-

I knew it wouldn't take long to sell that mean black 308. I don't know that I've seen a finer example. I'm excited to see what goes into the stable next.

Nick

12. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Bill, yes I sold it from the Michigan Auto-RV. I had 4-5 very interested people call me. I talked to a car dealer friend of mine who said that is the best paper in Michigan for response rate.

John, yes I have been looking there. I look forward to seeing you this year in August!

Nicholas, thank you for the compliment. I did love that car after all that I did to it, but couldn't turn down the offer. :)

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, I myself am leaning towards a 512TR.

14. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Well I'm glad it's still in MI so hopefully I will see it running around. Good luck in your hunt for a new car :)

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    My only reservation is that I am used to the targa top being off 95% of the time on the 308 & worried about not liking the TR because of the fixed roof. Hard to say until I actually spend a fair amound of time behind the wheel I guess.

16. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Jerry,

There are so few blue GTS's.. if you find one, I'll be forced to kill you :) I could give you the number for a guy in Miami who's selling a 95 355GTS... blue on tan, euro model... Ferrariclassified.com has 2 blue GTS's listed but they're both asking somewhere around $117k. There's also a black/tan 95 at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro. Let me know how the hunt goes..I'm right behind ya!

-R

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm sorry, but WHAT? Am I the only one that caught this? Bruce, did your Prozac prescription expire? Is NJ out of vodka? What the heck are you thinking? Or, why the heck AREN'T you thinking????

18. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Bruce was only kidding :)

19. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS.....HEY BRUCE, GET OFF THE SAUCE!!!

20. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I went from a 328gts to a Testarossa and never cared about the targa top, which I really loved but once I drove the 12 with a tubi and test pipes then I can care less about a targa top. But if you care about having some extra speed then go for a 512tr and if you can't picture yourself without a targa then buy a 355gts, but the testarossa or 512tr both have looks that for me are very exotic, the 355 cant match its looks or prestige.

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Just bought a TR. Will post pics soon!!!!!!

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congrats, post the Pics. Details, etc.

23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Good luck on your hunt.

24. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Damn, you are too fast for me.
    You said you were thinkng about it, I was not sure if you were really serious :)
    Had no TR in those colors though. M\y red/tan on consignment sold a few days ago. Of course on the day I hasd a serious buyer for the car.

25. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner