Sold My 308!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold My 308!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Jerrari, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    As a matter of fact it is! I just talked to the seller and he said he has had 3 other bidders PISSED that I used Auction Sniper. A.S. sent him an e-mail telling him that was how the auction was won. He subsequently had fellow bidders call & e-mail him asking how the f*** they lost the auction so he told them about A.S. He had a guy offer him $65,000 already since it closed. Thanks again for the tip on A.S. Dan! BTW: my 308 just pulled out of the parking lot in a 24' enclosed trailer an hour ago....bitter sweet I guess, I really loved that car. Jerry.

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
  3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Congrats, Jerry---
    Black TR has such sharp and ominous look.
    Did you have PPI done prior to bidding?
    BTW, what is an "Auction Sniper"?

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
  5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    BTW: No PPI, guy has full documentation & I talked w/ him at length before bidding where I felt very comfortable with the car.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Splendid, Jerry.
    Congrats again and thanks for the thread on A.S (man, learned something everyday here....)

7. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Can't wait to see shots of your new car Jerry. And you're getting it at the perfect time in case spring decides to show up here :)

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

We can't ALL use AuctionSniper !! That's like the old cold-war strategy of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD). When I find some nice 348 parts on eBay and want to place a last-second bid, I'll be steamed if another F-Chat member does the same thing :) So let's get this straight, when an auction arises for 348 radio covers (black) or Keith Collins mats, I want first dibs !

For what it's worth, I've found AuctionSniper is accurate up to 3 second before auction closes. Anything closer seems to be high-risk. They probably synchronize clocks several times a minute, but varying system loads might affect the bid submission speed.

-Daniel

p.s. Mike & Martin... see I don't need anything mechanical! The car is an absolute dream. Seriously, I need another job now because since the Ferrari bug bit me, my work-related concentration is literally shot.

9. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Jerry,
    if you are too busy at work I am sure I can find the time to get down to OH. and drive the car back for you. -Skip

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I would be interested in that if you are serious.

11. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Jerry car looks great!! Congratulations and good luck.

12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002

D@mn! Wish I had thought of that first :)

13. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Just talked to seller who told me #2 bidder has been e-mailing him non stop saying, "if buyer (me) backs out of the deal...yada, yada, yada". The guy went on to say in his last e-mail that "it will take years to get over the emotional scars of losing this car". Now I feel kind of sleezy about the sniper thing. :(

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Pretty car, I love black.

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It was business, not personal. Fuggidaboudit.

16. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002

With all due respect, I wouldn't feel bad too about it. Survival of the fittest I say. I bet you dollars to doughnuts if the tables were turned, the #2 bidder wouldn't feel bad about winning with a sniper.