Sold my BB512 and bought this Ford GT | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold my BB512 and bought this Ford GT

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by steveirl, Mar 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great choice !

His problems materialized from the installation of an aftermarket immobilizer system. The FGT is pretty much bullet-proof as exotics go.

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Cool, nice to hear. Who knows what the future will bring....

Onno

3. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    LOVE your new car, Steve!

It is not surprising at all that many Boxer owners also appreciate (covet) the Ford GT. The fit and finish might be lacking to be nit picky, but there is little debate over what you get in that performer. I can almost guarantee I will own one someday.

Congrats!
    W

4. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Thanks Adams, it is strange ok, we do seem to have similair tastes, I have found your post on the FordGT Forum, and laughed when i read it, exactly the same thoughts as myself. For what it is worth, I think you would love the GT, I believe Ford really did nail it on this car, and much as I miss the Boxer, I have owned two of them over the last six years, I have no regrets about buying the GT.

Big thanks, it is still too early to give a detailed account of driving impressions, but my first test drive had me hooked, very easy controls, though the steering is a bit light/over assisted for my liking, everything else I love, smooth ride, a great sound on open throttle, and bags of torquey power available always.

Hi Emilio, no Diablo 6.0 for me for now!
    Strange thing is if the seller of the Diablo had not changed his mind, I would have it now, and the GT would never have come along. But I love this car and have no regrets on missing out on a 6.0 for now.
    All GT's are LHD, in fact it is very left LHD, in the sense that you are sitting about as far left as you can go, and the armrest is in the door pocket! This does make it a little difficult to judge the width of the GT, and it is very wide. Other than that, it is an exhilirating drive, and very very fast even in staandard tune.
    Thanks m8, I believe it is a car worth owning, even if only for a while, looking forward to getting to know the car more.

Driving impressions will follow in due course, I plan on driving it to France this summer for the 2010 Le Mans Classic, I usually go in my Pantera, but I will be travelling alone this year to meet up with friends, so luggage can go in the passeneger seat in the GT.

5. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    #55 steveirl, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    #56 jratcliff, Apr 6, 2010
  7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    The blue no stripes are - to me - about as fine as the Tungsten. Great car.

8. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Thanks,
    John

9. LarryS

LarryS Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2003
    Fremont, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry S
    #59 LarryS, Apr 6, 2010
    mine has stipes.... so we can tell them apart....
    no belts, hydraulic lifters, 550hp....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login