sold my modern ferrari - considering a 330 GT. Any advice? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

sold my modern ferrari - considering a 330 GT. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Matt Andrews, Nov 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Seems that for everything you gain something is lost. Corollary to the law of preservation of matter and energy? ;)

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    As you say, they are a rush to drive. Much as the Ferrari 330 is a special car, you really feel the motorsports DNA in the pre-'74 Porsches. They're light, loud and fast. It's not hard to rebuild a 2.4 litre T or E up to S spec while keeping it cosmetically original.

The drawback to the 911 over the 356 is that you get a little more plastic in the interior, so some of the elegance of the '50s/'60s cars is lost. But you get a lot of performance and improved safety (shoulder belts, collapsible steering columns, etc.) in return.

3. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    wow. this thread got out of control. I've been travelling. I'll read through and find the posts that address my questions. Glad the rest of you entertained yourselves while I was gone. :)

jsa330 and -K1- like this.
  4. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Wow fchat at its best (cringe)

jsa330 likes this.