360 - Solution for cleaning spotting inside of 360 headlight lenses. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Solution for cleaning spotting inside of 360 headlight lenses.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Marcopolo3382, Jan 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    Gotcha, yea... mine was also on the inside. I doubt it’s oxidized on the inside. Take a close look at it. It will appear to be a dusty water spot looking residue. Almost like the paint gets if it’s a little dirty and it rains then dries on the car. It’s from moisture caused by humidity. I’m certain it will come off if you follow the process I’ve posted. Just take your time and be patient. Don’t let anything fall in the lens

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    If anything, you’ll be able to tell after one pass if it’s coming off on the inside.

3. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nicely done.
    Thanks for sharing.

Marcopolo3382 likes this.
  4. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    My lights look the same. Interested in trying this or something similar. The magnets and cloth are a brilliant solution!

5. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
  6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #31 Husker, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Ma
    Marco I am gathering the courage to attempt this! My lights also have some dust on the red paint portion of my light. Were you able to somehow get the dust out? Also, I know a lot of window cleaners can streak. With the limited supply of oxygen in the lens, is there a potion that you would recommend? i was thinking pure rubbing alcohol.

I noticed you bought two Scrubber Ducky kits. One has 5 scrubbers, the other 3. Do you need both kits?

Finally, did you have to pull the magnets out frequently to "clean" them or re-lubricate with your spray? It seems like you would be picking up trace amounts of gunk in the lens that has to be dealt with.

Thank you so much for this write-up.

7. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    No problem, I’m glad you found this write up informative. As far as the dust, I did not have any in there on the painted part but I believe compressed air blown through the bulb opening you’ll be going through will help clean that. On the ducky product, I reached out to the owner and told her what I had in mind and she donated every type she offered to see what worked best. If I were to do it again I would tape the ducks to a small piece of microfiber towel that I cut into a very small square. I show how it’s done in the write up. Just make sure you don’t lose the cloth. When I used just the duck I found it too abrasive so this will save you the light scratches that I made to mine on the first two passes. Touching on the streaking. I found a foaming non streak glass cleaner was good enough to where I didn’t have an issue with streaking. I do believe I went back over it with a dry piece I cut to the same size as the one I used to clean the spotting initially. Good luck, feel free to ask any questions if you get hung up on anything.

EastMemphis likes this.
  8. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    From my understanding a lot of the debris gets into the headlights due to the high fail rate of a component in the level adjustment system. Once it breaks, the headlight is no longer sealed and the only way to buy a new one is to buy a new headlight. I'm currently working on making a part to address this. I just need to make a couple changes on the prototype and will have these available for the community.

Husker and EastMemphis like this.
  9. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    Awesome! My level has failed. Keep me posted!

10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Will do. I have a headlight that I'm testing it on, but I'll need a Guinea pig when it's ready.

11. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    The part that failed on mine was the plastic level linkage. Is that what you’re making or the actual piece in the lens itself?

12. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    The white part on the right that attaches to the headlight. To change it, you have to remove the plastic nut on the left which I'll be making as well. The gears and the housing will be reused as I haven't heard of them failing. Image Unavailable, Please Login

EastMemphis likes this.
  13. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    That is wonderful, this is the part that broke on mine as well. I’m looking forward to your invention. I heard that the only way to replace this is to buy the whole headlight assembly. Great work. Please keep me informed. If you need a Guinea pig I’d be happy to be one if the memphis Tn. Area isn’t too far hahaha!