Some interesting cars coming up at RM Sotheby's "Duemila Ruote" auction in Milan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Some interesting cars coming up at RM Sotheby's "Duemila Ruote" auction in Milan

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Abi2612, Sep 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    The manual 575 looks nice. What a weird collection. 1991 Pontiac Trans Sport up for sale with an F40 and 959?

2. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    Red is red even with Pontiac it counts :)

J.

3. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    #28 Tenney, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    I am trying to think how this auction will pan out. Nearly all lots are LHD,there are zillions of them,..the European buyers are possibly careful with their cash at the moment,having said that,the collection is without reserves. the Italian government want out,and get their revenues back in the pot (which is pretty empty just now). Knowing that,would you think that RM/S have done a commission deal ,bearing in mind that every car will sell,whatever the bid. This suggests some really 'cheap' purchases,but how will the results affect the global market ? What do you think ?...

5. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    My idea is that many punters will be thinking like you. Many will think that there is going to be a great bargain to be made and it will end up as a huge success with prices spiralling up and up because who wants the car will keep raising the bar when the bidding starts. This is a unique opportunity which will have many more than the usual bidders due to the novelty. I think we're in for a huge surprise.

6. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Most of these cars already have multiple, if not 100s of examples on the secondary market and only a combination of attractive car and pricing ensures they sell. This auction will have some rare car go way over estimate but equally the 20th or whatever E-Type's will bomb. Someone is going to get a bargain somewhere in this sale, on the face of it, but then the condition of many lots is either unknown or poor, so the bargain may turn out to be a very expensive bargain? When you look at lots of auctions you note that they build from lot #1, which is always fairly cheap and cheerful towards a fairly good lot, drop back down, then back up towards the star lot and then reverse the process which keeps things exciting even when selling boring consignments since there is always an exciting lot just a few lots away. In this auction, no matter how they space them, there is a lot of used cars on offer and whatever spacing they simply won't be able to stop tedium setting in......

7. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I think you are onto something...

8. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I think they'll follow the mecum approach where the first day they'll sell the cheapest, used car type of lots, up the ante a bit on the second day, and concentrate all of the high caliber stuff on the last day which will thus have the look, feel and pace of a regular RM auction. This way they can attract the right crowd for each day and adjust the pace of selling accordingly - quickly breeze through used cars on day one and really take their time to get good prices on the higher level stuff at the end. That's what I'd do...

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I just took a look at the site and a pop-up offered a hard copy catalog - pity the postman !

10. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    I think I have requested the catalogue(free),thats a little unusual,maybe those 'advertising costs' will be added to the commission bill rendered after the sale.I agree with Timmmy about the boredom factor,and wonder why the sale is going to drag on. After all...with no reserve,you should be able to bang one down every five minutes,and move on. That will keep the crowd on their toes !

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Ah thank you, the Khamsin in this auction is dodgy too: the real 096 -as far as is known- is in Vienna...awaiting more details from RM but this sets the tone...

MS

12. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #37 El Wayne, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Contrary to most here, it seems, I'm intrigued by this collection simply because of the diversity. Even if I was able to suddenly afford every dream car I ever wanted, you can bet I'd have some relatively "run-of-the-mill" cars in there too because, well, I like those cars also! Even if I owned an alloy 275 GTB, I don't think I'd lose my interest in $10,000 Alfas, etc. And I'd still have a lust for project cars even if I could afford a perfect example.

This seems to me the kind of collection that a true gearhead assembles. Even if he was a fraudulent gearhead!

14. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Those dudes emailed today to say that all of the lots are now online.

Haven't perused the bicycles etc. yet but looking forward to it. Say what you will but this collector was enthusiastic about acquiring things.

15. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm going to apply to bid and maybe try to snag the 512. Is anyone physically going to this? I can't attend in person, and I have no idea how I would even get the car back to Canada.

16. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    According to a Kidston write-up the assets being sold off also include "2,000 seized adult movies" (RM is not handling that sale) so he was indeed an avid collector of diverse interests. I personally dig the race cars the most...

17. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Call or message RM, they will assist with both a bidding method and the shipping..... For a price

18. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Shipping is very easy, I have used Cosdel many times one way or both ways and they take care of all the process. You have choice of container or plane, depending of your taste

19. BO67

BO67 Karting

Oct 11, 2016
    Faraway soclose here
    Full Name:
    Its me
    wooow what a Collection

Austria not so far away i think i will take a look at that and drive there.

20. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    And ... a Lincoln Navigator. Interesting auction, to say the least.

21. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Fascinating!

22. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    Is there a story to some of the items? Like the trophy collection - looks to have MM, Targa Florio, some hill climbs, as best I can tell many are Italian related. Some of the bicycles look to have printed descriptions on them - are they important winners? Same with the bobsleds, almost looks a chronology of design.

23. Franco Lombardi

Franco Lombardi Karting

Nov 17, 2009
    Genova
    Full Name:
    Franco Lombardi
    For those of you that seem to be interested in this highly unusual auction but are discouraged by the administrative procedures related to buying a car there and finding the proper document and shipping solution, S&P Advisory SARL operating from MC, Principaute de Monaco, and Treviso (Italy) could be the answer.
    This Law Firm has been instrumental in helping the Guardia di Finanza (the Italian Internal Revenue System) and RM Sotheby in setting-up this sale.
    They have the experience and the knowledge to professionally advise any foreign buyer in this matter.
    You might contact Dr. Nicola Parolin at [email protected]
    Good luck!
    Franco Lombardi

24. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    The catalogue is available now online. Pity the guys who has to come up with estimates for all these lots. Some are comical but of course with no reserves, it will be fascinating to see how this all unravels.