Somebody at Ferrari hates me... no Stradale for Brian... again... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Somebody at Ferrari hates me... no Stradale for Brian... again...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which is most likely?

1. Brian will get his Stradale this third time around (in May).

2. Not this time, but next time, just in time for Monterey.

3. Brian will keep getting bumped until the last Stradale produced.

4. Brian will never get a car from FNA; only used F-cars for him.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I agree with this. After reading all the bs on this site and hearing from all sorts of enthusiasts, I would rather buy a used car or even stick with the classics than play Ferrari's games. And I'd probably try to get it serviced at an independent mechanic too.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey brian check your private messages.

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If I was in your shoes, I would take my deposit back and buy a different car. Then, I would write FNA and Ferrari SPA a nice letter to tell them exactly what happened, with a picture of you enjoying your new car (Lambo, Porsche, or other). From most accounts, the Gallardo is a better performance car than the Stradale. If you like the styling of the Gallardo, buy that car instead. You can get one almost immediately at MSRP, and the Lambo sales people will bend over backwards to help you. Or, if you want to stick with a Ferrari and get a racer-type car, talk to Imola. They make a really cool modified version of the 360 that pumps out more horsepower than the Stradale, and looks better (in my opinion). I would take an Imola over a Stradale. Not sure about the Gallardo (styling is not to my taste). But, if you like the styling of the Gallardo, buy it and send Ferrari a nice picture of you in it.

As an aside, I drive a Ferrari and I get luke warm treatment from F-Car dealers. I have dealt with 3 Lambo dealers regarding Murcielago's, and each one of them has treated me better than Ferrari. I still love Ferrari cars, but they need a wholesale re-work of their customer relationship management.

4. malibumk

malibumk Karting

May 14, 2002
    Malibu, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Klein
    I've got a line on a new one hear in LA. Let me know when you are ready to go.
    Mike
    310-717-6693

5. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's ironic that Fcar enthusiasts look past pure numbers and make their buying decisions on emotion, heritage, history, and soul....yet the FNA-dealer network lacks any appreciation for those qualities in its customer base. You're just a number to them.

What steps did Mr. Risi PERSONALLY take to resolve your situation?

6. obd

obd Rookie

Feb 8, 2004
    Instead of buying a Porsche Gt2, GT3, or 911 turbo, a Honda NSX type R, a Gollardo, a 360 challenge why not buy the new Ford Gt 40. That thing will completely and utterly outperform any ferrari short of the Enzo and any production stock Lambo too. Plus you cant beat its history of blowing the doors off Ferraro at Le manns so many years ago when the original came out. Go read BBC's Top Gear review(well watch it anyway) or read Car and Driver or Evo magazine or any other performance car magazine who's testers have driven it.

THE GT 40 WILL competely destroy the 360 Challenge on the track. Hell a stock Gt 40 will beat a NGT class 360 on the track too!!!!

For the ultimate "FUC You" to Ferrari why not buy American heheheheh

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    obd, find me one for MSRP

8. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    From under which rock did you come from?
    Thats a fairly aggressive opening post - might I respectfully suggest that if you wish to post here, please try to maintain the integrity of F-Chat.
    Might be nice to fill in your profile as a courtesy to other members.
    I thank you in anticipation.
    John

9. ddemet

ddemet Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Switzerland (VD)
    I think you have to focus the blame on F-North America not on Ferrari S.p.A..

Over here in Europe F-dealers are much more reliable with their delivery dates and the waiting lists are mesuered in months, not years!!! Have you ever considered flying over here to order your cars?

I got my brand new Modena three months after placing the order (I am not a preffered customer, it was my first Ferrari) and I even got to see it on the assemebly line in the factory.

On the other hand I can tell you some delivery-date horror stories with Porsche when I got my Cayenne early last year...

10. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Hmm, perhaps it's just me, but I don't think a letter like this would be well received. While we all can understand your frustration first hand, it would be difficult to craft a letter that wouldn't come across as "boo hoo, I didn't get my Ferrari." To the rest of the world, I doubt it would look too good.

They are obviously busy enough to turn away interested buyers. I suppose it's a nice position to be in from a business-perspective. I also assume their not increasing production, as to keep the demand high. If I were you, I would just suck it up, and still go to the events (get a 512BB or a Daytona in the meantime). Don't let Ferrari spoil your fun...

-Wayne

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wayne,

Not my frustration and have no problems. NEVER have to deal with FNA :)

My writing was for Brian. And yes, a fact-based letter WOULD interest many people and magazines. Am surprised you feel otherwise.

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin