Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Maranelloman is the whole reason I created an F-chat account. For real. Well, that and I want a Ferrari. I loved his posts on the old board, but they just weren't the same on this board without the "OWNED" pictures, so I made an account to view the pics with the posts.

That's the truth.

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Dave,

There's no way I can fend off Art by myself buddy :) Don't stay away too long!!!!! Take a break, examine everything and then get back to posting all your humerous avtars and other stuff that makes the rest of us laugh.

Remember all the fun we had at the expense of the French???

Hope to see you back from your vacation soon.

With the utmost respect and kindest regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, just thought of something funny...

Dave, ya got OWNED by a couple trolls and NNO!!! Man, you can late brake TWS 1/2 and can't handle these boys?

:D

4. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I enjoy your posts as well and thought you had a little thicker skin. Remember it is just a forum on the net, not real life. You have the option to not respond or quit reading the stupid childish threads. People shouldn't get all worked up over some dumb comments. Hell, in the real world I am sure you deal with much worse than this!

5. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

LOL, now that is funny! :)

Dave, I've always valued your contributions and I look forward to your inevitable return. Remember, FChat is like the mob, "just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.";)

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Dave, i for one, hope you come back as i like your comebacks and always have fun with you.

7. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Dave - Take a break but please come back. You are a valuable contributor to this site.

Today was a low point for me too. It was probably bound to happen, but disappointing nonetheless.

Good health.

8. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    What happened? - Can anyone give me a link?

Sorry to see you go Dave, hope you'll be back soon.

9. What the ****? I'm not a troll. Gary Green is a troll.

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Come back soon! But not until I have more posts then you! :)

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Hey guys. Mellow out. I am having perhaps the worse 3 weeks of my life right now with work. My knee is bugging the crap out of myself preventing myself from going out and venting my frustrations on my dirt bike or snow board.

It just seems that every one is having a tough time right now. It must be the full moon.

Relax enjoy have a good laugh it will all be better soon :)

Dave dont be gone for long, we will all miss your twisted sense of perspective.

Rob

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yeah, what that rat-fink beast said. *snicker*

13. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Dave,

Find your way back soon. I have always enjoyed your posts.

14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Dave this will leave only one Custom Camaro F chatter in Texas ?

Please stay.

15. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    People who try to get attention and some sort of weird internet sympathy in this manner are the worst kind of net citizens.

L8R

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dave...

Sigh...

You're one of the folks on the board i look up to... Even when we disagree, i take the things you say into serious consideration (except when it comes to women; it's obvious you know NOTHING about women:D)...

i'd hate to think that you're really taking a break from the board... i won't sit here and say "dude, it's just the internet!", 'cause dude, if it was really just the internet, i wouldn't have shat all over the place yesterday...

i knew i would offend some people i didn't want to offend yesterday, but i needed to make a point... i never thought someone would leave because of it, let alone you... i'm not saying this is the only reason you left, but it obviously had something to do with it, if it's not the catalyst...

i can understand needing a break, i just hope you come back soon... i thought i was gonna take a break yesterday, but that's not gonna happen... i love this place too much to take a break from it... The flood gates are closed, i'm not due for another unleashing for at least another 11,000 posts...:D

In any case, please hurry back; your contributions are valid and worthwhile here... i, for one, will miss them while you're gone.

Lastly, please accept my apology for my behavior yesterday; i won't apologize for what i did, but i would like to apologize for offending you in the process. i hope you'll forgive me.

Take care.

17. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Uh, Dave is happily married and you're not...

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It was a joke, hence the smiley...

19. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    For what it is worth, when some were giving me a hard time being on here, you were one of the resaons why I stayed! You are a great contributor here and I personally look up to guys like yourself-you are a good guy Dave...take a break and come back when you are ready-as you will always be welcomed!

Very best regards,

Marcus

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DAVE...YOU HAVE THICK SKIN, MAN

REMEMBER THE FUEDS YOU HAD WITH MATT LEMUS, JRV, AND OUR GOOD , SARCASTIC FRIEND, ED GAULT,,,,,,,,,,

THINK ABOUT IT, BROTHER

YOUR BUDDY,
    BRUCE

21. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Maranelloman,

I hope you enjoy your break from Fchat, but I hope it is a short one.

Dom

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #47 BigTex, Feb 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There were actually several people who lost faith in this site during the JRV/Peter G/Marshmallowman flame wars. I think I am the only one of the Houston area Ferrari owners that remains. (No Dr. Tax, we don't count the Woodlands, we're downtown, baby!)

A planned social event, that could have been the start of some genuine friendships on a face to face basis, was also impacted, IMO.

We should all remember, again IMO, that this is not "just the internet".
    The Ferrari community is actually a VERY SMALL circle, I have found, even though it circles the globe.

Like any community, some live in small houses, some in big houses, and the train tracks go right thru my back yard, where we have a fire in a barrel on cold nights. :)

Unlike face to face interactions, sometimes things get taken the wrong way, and sometimes things get said that are below the social standards of the community at large. It's up to all of us to watch for each other, to keep the bar set, at the levels it should. Sometimes you have to be big enough to say "I'm sorry" or "That was uncalled for", or simply that time honored standard "WTF????"

Happy trails M..man, be careful and remember that your engine weight is in THE WRONG END OF THE CAR for performence driving!!!! ;)

I'll keep a candle in the window, if you want to drop by for some squirrell.
    We'll always be thankful for your addition of the essential piece of Fcar instrumentation..............
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ha, my bidness partner sez that I am in GUD land, geographically undesirable area. (He lives in Bellaire.)

That may be true, but we have the only roads worth driving. I took the Maranello into town on Tuesday so a friend who had just flown in from Australia could drive it. We ended up on the Toll simply because there was no other place to go!

Dr "Daniel Boone" Tax

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well actually, Dr. T, my lake place is out in Point Blank, Texas, so you guys are blasting thru the forest on my old stomping grounds!

I've been ducking the cops in Coldspring on 156, and Splendora on 59N for years!

Hope to get out to see you guys soon.

Like the Enzo in GFD, I think this site suffered some heavy damage yesterday, but is rebuildable.

From experience, you just keep taking stuff off until you don't see any more damage, then spend the effort building it back.

And somebody tell Janet to put her shirt back on. No shortage of that stuff around here! LOL

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Speedy, very well said on post #47, except...

"I think I am the only one of the Houston area Ferrari owners that remains"

This statement is very wrong. Only person we lost was JRV and I don't think he's a Ferrari owner and that's the best thing that's happened to this community in 3 years. Just look at how many less flames there are and how much the site has grown since. :) Jeremy still logs in every couple days. I can't think of any other Ferrari owners in Houston not on FC in one way or another.

Everyone knows only about 25% of users fill out their profile, but even with that small sample we show the following who have listed "Houston" as their Location...