Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks Rob, for correcting my mistatement. No offense intended.
    It should have included the qualifier, "among my VERY small circle of casual acquaintances."!

Keep up your good work.

Speedy308 for President.

Endorsed by the University of Texas Cheerleaders. Sponsored by Armani

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Solipsist has relocated to Dallas to help with his mom.

He was a valuable member of last year's champion Child Advocates team, and will be sorely missed. He'll need to update his profile after he finishes chasing that "abandoned" 328!

We need to figure out a way to mandate profile info. We've traded messages before about what happens when those of us from the real world encounter folks on the Internet from Roger Rabbit's tune town!

Speedy308 for President.

3. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Man, talk about irony :)

On a serious note, I'd just like to say that ignoring the garbage always helps, and Rob has a point about him being the only one that really should be worrying about stuff. "Dont sweat the petty things Dave, pet the sweaty things" You can take that how you want, but its obvious that you shouldn't dwell on such trivial things as S-Talking

This post could be moot if he has indeed stop coming. I hope my post isn't in vain.

Is it true Dave has a modded Camaro, if so thats awesome.
    He should sign up on chevytalk.com Tell 'em chevydude sent you.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Enjoy your time away Dave. Always remember there's usually a kid in the parking lot willing to put a traffic cone on your hood.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ha! I remember that traffic cone>hood thread.
    __

Fallout like this is exactly what those who have tried and tried and tried to get NNO to *snap* had in mind. Doing whatever they could to make NNO the bad guy.
    Cause and effect Equation: NNO put on his Bad Boy hat = fallout.

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#56 maranelloman, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, for those who care, I am back.

Jim, LOL!!

Rob, I didn't get owned by the trolls. I got fed up with a seeming double standard that allowed the thread from hell ot perpetuate its filth & vile mean-spiritedness to 3+ pages BEFORE a moderator shut it down...yet pulled a photo I posted of a lovely nekkid lady (posted with warning) within 10 minutes of my posting it. And, as much as I love DES, I also got fed up with a double standard that allowed him to post all his filth, while other, lesser offenses by other perps gets yanked immediately.

To others who decried my lack of a "thick skin", well, I do have one. However, sometimes you reach a point of overwhelming disgust, and even the most thinck skinned will turn away, in order to resume the fight another day.

Luke, I think your post speaks for itself, and tells us all we need to know about you. Seek help, before you hurt yourself or others.

And to Dale, Jon, DES, & others, many thanks for your kind words & PM's.

Finally, for those who missed these, here are some new ones:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Welcome back, Dave... Glad you're back...

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Welcome back Dave. Now, go get Art before he spins completely out of control!

Dale

9. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Sorry...what thread? Where is he?????

LEMME AT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dave:

I wasn't around for the thread, but I do wish you'd stay. Of all of those who are conservative, you're the most reasoned, and probably the only adult. Stick around.

Art-

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Art, thank you for saying that. Your kindness & graciousness is only overwhelmed by the fact that I can say the same about you!!!! Of all of those who are liberal, you're the most reasoned, and definitely the only adult. I will stick around. Just needed a break, for the reasons I stated. 'Nuff said.

So, Art, who do you like among the Dem candidates at this time? I tell ya, I truly like Sharpton. Despite his atrocious past, he is, IMO, the only one who is REALLY saying what he believes...probably because he knows he has no chance. Actually, before he dropped out, I really, REALLY liked Lieberman. IMO, he is truly a good man. It is too bad charisma seems to mean more to the folks picking candidates than being honorable...

12. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#63 maranelloman, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That one might have some frame damage. Better check the Carfax. :)

Welcome back buddy! :)

14. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Welcome back Dave - it certainly was a sad day (that thread) and your leaving. This site was the loser for you going. I agree - that thread should have got shut down.

15. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    FOFLMAO!

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I, for one, am sorry to see MaranelloMan cut losse for a while.

I, for one, have been thinking likewise; Ever since the previous release of software I have been having this nagging suspicion that this just isn't the old FerrariChat anymore.

I think the biggest issue this group has yet to face is the confusion that lies between fact and opinion, and the portrayal of one as the other. Neither side ever give an inch.

Perhaps this is the cancer that tears at the soul of every internet group, it is easier to pack up and leave than it is to say "I'm sorry" or "I was wrong". One can see it in the polls currently running, one can see it in the threads about republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, the haves and the have nots. Instead of converging towards common ground, the distance of the internet allows everyone to hold their ground, and the effect, is that the community becomes polarized, and begins to fall apart.

Perhaps I should leave also.....................

17. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dave:

I'd vote for Sharpton in a second but for two issues: 1. He's unelectable, and 2. His past: he done some very stupid things in the past, Twanah Bradley (sp) for example.

However, he is the funnest, and from a straight liberal perspective, his stance is the most consistent. I'll probably vote for Kerry, since in an awful lot of ways, he and I are similar (that's not bragging, its more of a confession of selling out).

At any rate thanks for staying. What did I miss?

Art

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
  19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ....and to think it all started with a little Nancy Sinatra, and a ************ back order!

You gotta watch those pine needles on those East Texas runs, ....they are waiting on the shoulders of the road, .....and they are SLIPPERY!

Or, as David Hobbs once said, "He was off on the grass.... and the grass WAS FAST!"

20. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Welcome back, Dave. As they say, you gotta take the grease with the gravy! :)

21. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Well, you are right...Thanks!!

22. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As a Republican, I haven't paid much attention to the primaries. BUT, the sound bite from the debate awile back where Dean was giving his "I have a lot of African American endorsements" (or something to that effect) speech, and Sharpton told him "the bank only wants a co-signer when your credits bad" just cracked me up. That was a 98yd pass,bottom of the ninth grand slam, and a halfcourt buzzer beater all in one!! LOL!!

I do wish Dean(YEEEAAARGHHHH) would have done better. Bush could have beaten him without much of a fight.
    Dave

23. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Welcome back!

...And thanks for adding to my ever-increasing archive of "OWNED" pics!

24. ART360

ART360 Guest

I just read the thread. Looks like a lot of people need a little valium to make it through the day. Mark should have put a stop to it long before, in my humble opinion, probably around the 1st or 2nd page.

Art