Spanish GP | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spanish GP

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by sklitz11, Apr 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not worried, I have Goodyears on mine...

Nah, JV retired because of a water problem in the car. But that didn't really matter as the Saubers were expected to suck in Barcelona. No surprise there.

If anything I'm disappointed about the lackluster performance by JPM. Not that I'm a fan of his, but I'd love to see him take the battle to Kimi but it seems pretty obvious that he doesn't have the goods to do that.

Best of all: Since I'm going to the Canadian GP I have to put up with CBS only one more time. Gee they suck.

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    i'll second that. i have new found respect of peter windsor and his style of commenting: good.

-mike

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I expected the commentators being not up to speed (pun intended). I can live with that, although I'm with you on missing Windsor's insights from pitlane.

The thing that really bothers me is the silly time slot. Come Sunday morning I basically go into cocoon mode from TV, radio, internet to not hear a word about the result. And then there is the constant fear, that CBS's local affiliate might decide to show something else instead (e.g. look at Baltimore airing baseball games instead).

The whole point of a diversified cable network is that people with niche interests can watch what they really care for.

4. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    There is Geno's East at Higgins and Dee/East River Road, just one mile west of Hooters. We should be able to line up ferrari's in front of it. They have pizza, salads, and sandwiches and at least beer if not a fully stocked bar.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That sounds like a good central location. We could try it for the European GP on May 29, which again will be broadcasted at noon. Any takers?

6. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Day before Memorial Day? Some might be traveling and I don't know where I will be for sure, but what the heck, Im up for it. Monaco GP not as fun.

RocketBoy

PS: Is there a European equivalent to Mother's Day in Europe? Im sure each country has its own but is there a general one of the continent?

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It was yesterday as well, but less commercialized. There is also a father's day, but only celebrated in some countries (e.g. Germany).

8. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I'm in for May 29th...Let's line up F-cars out side of Gino's East..

I will keep on eye on the thread to see what the response is..

Thanks!

Vince.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds good....but,do they have a big enough TV,and will they let us watch the Race,even if Baseball,Golf or BBall playoffs are going on?

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,about THE only Good thing that I can think of,regarding Ferrari's poor start so far this seasion.....Can you hear it? Yes,the silence.....No more Whining from the Non Ferrari contingent about them getting all the Breaks,Blah,Blah,Blah,Etc....BUT....thats the ONLY thing....:(

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I could list a bunch more good things, but I don't want to rub it in.
    :)

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Tell Me!!! I LOVE the Cars. The History. The Drivers.The Manufacturer. The Country. The Food. The Avant Garde Fashions. (O.K....you got me there!...:) ) I put my Tifosi Flag outside EVERY Raceday. And,look whats going on!

Then again,look at the Chicago Bulls.....I guess it just can't last Forever...:(

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just kidding,BTW....:)

I think that the strategy is that they just sit back,let some of the others win so that no one can whine about it. Then....BOOOOM!!!!! 1-2 Finishes will be Back!!!!....:)

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just imagine how much sweeter the next Ferrari victory will taste. You can't eat dessert all day long.

15. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

I can't???????

16. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    This still on for outside at Gino's on Sunday?

RocketBoy

17. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I took a drive by to see if by chance anyone was watching the GP of Monaco this weekend. It was a shot in the dark but I thought I would take a drive being I had the 355 out anyway. Let me know what you guys want to do on Sunday and at what time.

Thanks!
    Vince C.