430 - speaker and stereo upgrade and scuderia audio testimonial | FerrariChat

430 speaker and stereo upgrade and scuderia audio testimonial

Discussion in '360/430' started by colorfull, Nov 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Good day all,

It's a long read, so at the top here I want to just give a quick shout out to Mike from scuderia audio @SoftwareDrone, he was so incredibly helpful, spent so much time educating me and ultimately I now have a fantastic setup thanks to him and have actually learned a thing or two along the way, as well as installing an entire system with no prior experience. wow.

So it all started when I read the ad for the F430 which I have acquired, and saw that it had the HIFI option, I was pretty excited. I am a huge fan of excellent audio and love having the right song on when cruising in various situations. I mean a Ferrari with a HIFI stereo, that has to be good, right?

WRONG! I get the car, and it sounded like an old transistor radio. Shocking. There was no sound coming out of the rear subwoofer box, I think just the tweeters were producing sound. So, I moved on to the myriad other things I had planned for the car figuring, I will eventually get to the sound system.
    So that day comes. I had purchased a Joying Head unit (not knowing what I was getting myself into) as I am a huge fan of Android Auto.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148714572/

OK, I remove the stereo, see that I have an upgraded amp, the wiring is some combination of OEM and non-OEM (apparently the door mids were upgraded as well), I have never done this before and I'm thinking, OK, guess I'm gonna have to find a place to do this for me and I actually called and emailed a couple local places (who did not call back).

Mike @SoftwareDrone (Scuderia Audio) has such rave reviews, I figure, let me just give him a call and see what happens, boy am I glad I did.

So I text him out of the blue, he calls me right back. I just want to highlight, he was in between multi-day travel and a doctor's appointment, had 1 hour free, and decided to spend it helping me, a total novice, troubleshooting my system. With the whole system on the floor in pieces, in that hour, he diagnosed the rear sub issue (there was a loose wire to the amp) and I got that online.

Once that was figured out, we moved on to the head unit and he walked me through getting that all sorted, how to test and wire it up, and now that is working beautifully. It all worked for a glorious 10-15 mins, then sadly, during the maiden voyage, the sub started making a horrible slapping sound and that is ALL it did (very annoying). I opened it to find the speakers in pieces.

I chose to upgrade the sub and tweeters to something better than what was in there, particularly since I had a very decent amp upgrade and door speakers upgraded, already.

Looking at my various options, I decided to go with the 8" subwoofer and custom enclosure (if you are a DIY'er, this video is just awesome) and the build quality is unparalleled. Everything Mike produces is absolutely beautiful and absolutely perfect.

I also decided to get the directional Carbon Fiber tweeters, definitely wanted directional sound and just thought the CF was just gorgeous, they are like jewels.

Mike continued to assist me through the installation on everything from how to wire it up to doing the install, of which he also has an excellent video. His videos are a treasure chest for audio.

BEFORE, barely usable Alpine deck, no rear sub sound, transistor radio level quality.

NOW, Touchscreen head unit, phenomenal speakers and it sounds simply luminous. The sound is crisp, full, luscious, tight, punchy and they are absolutely beautiful upgrades to the interior. The Cuoio leather is perfect and a dead on match.
    I am still working on my seats, so the interior is not fully assembled, but here are some pics in the meantime.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rbh2002@rbhlaw.com

Sep 27, 2015
    Hey just saw this thread great installation I am doing one very similar in my 2006 430 coupe, using Scuderiaaudio components which are awesome and Mike is fantastic. I using a Pioneer NEX 9" "floating screen" head unit either same or similar to your installation.
    But I am running into one problem with devising bracketry for mounting the head unit securely in the dash slot--how exactly did you mount yours? Pioneer provides nothing with the head unit, simply says "use the existing bracketry in the car", but of course there is no real bracketry in the 430, the "brackets" are built in to the Becker unit (the front pinch levers) and nontransferable as best i can figure (except the rear support pole which can unscrew but there are no threads to install it in the back of the Pioneer unit).
    I can use an aftermarket sleeve, which fits fine, but can't figure how to keep unit from moving forward and back, while preserving a way to easily remove the unit if necessary later on. Can you tell me what specifically you used for bracketry?
    Thanks much for any help

3. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    #3 colorfull, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  4. Navin2230

Navin2230 Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    Dubai
    Hello Fellow Ferrari Owners,

I have a 360 Modena with the standard factory head unit. My plan what to install the OE SND1 ( amp cradle and subwoofer housing) set up with upgraded electronics.

I contacted Mike of Scuderia audio and he recommended a lovely 500 W amplifier and a set of Audison component speakers with a new Tweeter housing and with the two small subwoofers that fit into the OE subwoofer housing. Mike also arranged all the necessary connectors.

Mike was fantastic, very patient and full of knowledge. He really knows what he’s doing. He gave nice clear instructions for my Audio installer. And I’m happy to report back that the sound from my 360 hi-fi system is amazing now. I didn’t want too much bass and this set up that he has prepared for me is absolutely perfect. A big thank you to Mike for his patience for his advice and for being such a gentleman.

I highly recommend Scuderia Audio for any Ferrari hi-fi upgrade.

kestrou, SoftwareDrone and colorfull like this.