Speaking of Badges (328 GTS) | FerrariChat

Speaking of Badges (328 GTS)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Mule, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Has anyone removed the 328 GTS or GTB badges on the rear of their car? I pulled the carpet back in the trunk, but there is a foam piece glued in where the back of the badges are. Do they have posts and screws or are they just adhesive? Mine and the paint beneath them look pretty bad, so I want to remove tham, clean them up, clean beneath and reattach.

2. vittorio

vittorio Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    Italy
    Full Name:
    vittorio
    Hi mule.
    I had the badges replaced 3 months ago.
    No screws.......just adhesive and you car remove them easily with a flat headed screwdriver, being careful not to damage the paint (I suggest you to put something between the paint and the screwdriver). Take care.

3. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Not true on my car, no screws (nuts) on the badge pins, but round little caps that are capable of holding the badge even without glue and allthough you may be able to remove the badge from the outside, I think it would be better to remove the caps first from the inside, to reduce the force needed.

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    So, what are the years of your two cars? That may be the key. I don't want to start pulling from the outside if something is holding it on the inside. I talked to the dealer who said they were adhesive, but I am cautious.

5. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I don't think the year matters much, it's how often were the badges off (for repaint/cleaning) and did they put back the attach caps? On one of the other badges from my car (1980 btw), on the pins someone had put small nuts, the nuts were tighter than the pins, and this way they had tapped its own thread on the soft metal (alu, zinc?) from the badge pins. I think it is better to check what is inside, or be very careful when removing, if you need to much force, stop right away before breaking the pin or even badge.

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Just adhesive...really, really good adhesive. No hole in the body, no nuts, screw, bolts, pins, etc.

I used a Bondo plastic spreader to work under the emblems. When they were off, I removed the rest of the adhesive with WD-40 and waxed it up. Looks good, in fact, no rush to put the emblems back on.