speaking of wheels.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

speaking of wheels....

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tritone, Jan 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    James- Very interesting. I think Riva figured out USAF Captain Phillips was not going to buy a Riva. I think they thought I was a Navy Captain, a whole different thing. Being mistaken for a Navy Captain got me royal treatment on the Isle of Capris in the 80s, too, but that is a another story.

Your boat should be beautiful when completed. The Rivas really were something else. I love the teak planking look. Supercharged V12? That should sound great at full tilt.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

2. creafield

creafield Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2004
    NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The magazine you are talking about, I think, was called "Symbol". Was dedicated to RR, Ferrari and RIva

The whole series is quite a collectors item nowadays I believe, I am missing only a couple!!

I can remember in the early '80s there was an issue that featured a "Ulyssse Nardin Tourbillon" watch, absolutely gorgeous. Not available in Oz, however my mother used to go to Hong Kong every few years and stay at the Peninsula Hotel, a shop there the only outlet in Hong Kong.

I asked (very politely) for an early Christams pressie. Once there mum rang from HK to say that she was happy to pay the first couple of hundred for the watch, I would have to front up with the next $32,700. Guess who does NOT have a "Ullysse" ??

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #28 tazandjan, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Philip- Tell me which ones you are missing and I will see if I have them. I no longer collect anything Ferrari except technical data.

No tourbillons for me, too expensive, but the exposed tourbillon is really attractive. Three Pateks, Breguet, Jaeger, Dad's Breitling, Audemar, two Girard-Ps, miscellaneous. None too expensive.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    Hi Terry,

I was browsing the FerrariAds section and came upon some California wheels for sale.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=2365
    What was interesting is that the bolt circle described there for those wheels is 5 x 108mm and not 5 x 114mm as you mention in your wheel size list.
    Could it be that the California wheels are the same bolt sizes as the 575 rather than 612/599?

This is what it says:
    4 Brand NEW IN BOX OEM 19 FERRARI CALIFORNIA WHEELS
    8 x 19 44mm
    10 x 19 52.5mm
    5 lugs 108 mm or 4.25in

Have they got the 108mm wrong??

I guess the offsets would also be a problem anyway?

PAUL

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #30 tazandjan, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Paul- That is an old ad and I actually helped the guy on bolt pattern because neither of us knew at the the time what Californias used. His measurement, while the wheels were mounted on the car, was not precise enough to see the difference between 108 mm and 114 mm (~4.25" vs ~4.5"), so he used 108mm. We later learned the wheels had a 114 mm bolt pattern and he redid the ad. Should be up there somewhere from the same seller, skipper.

Taz
    Terry Phillips