Special order Mangustas: Is the Amory Haskell car still in the U.S.? | FerrariChat

Special order Mangustas: Is the Amory Haskell car still in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Aug 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I know there was one with a glass sunroof, I met the guy driving it, a jet jockey / tennis player/movie star
    Later I think there was one with a glass sunroof in San Diego, a guy who owned three of them, His was hit hard in front and he intended to restore it.
    What I am curious to know is if either of them is the one once owned by horse team owner.industrialist Amory Haskell Jr, of New Jersey, killed in a plane crash while out signing up DeTomaso dealers. His also has black painted lettering like the prototype. How did he get one so early in ;69--his family bankrolled DeTomaso.

(below)the concept car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Well, DeTomaso married into the family.

3. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    While attending a local cruise night in my Mangusta recently I was approached by a lady who was very excited to see my car. I was impressed with her knowledge of Mangustas, and she explained that she grew up in Red Bank and used to see "Mr. DeTomaso" driving around town in a Mangusta. I assume what she saw was one of the Haskells. I got separated from her before we could talk further, but ours is a small village and I am hoping to cross paths with her again.

Nembo1777 and staatsof like this.
  4. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    The sunroof car in San Diego would have been the Dino Martin Car, it was modified in California, accidented sat for many years and was sold to a gentleman in Australia around 2010.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Nembo1777, Mang, Tenney and 1 other person like this.