Special WWII Flyover in DC this May | FerrariChat

Special WWII Flyover in DC this May

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by teak360, Feb 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks for posting. Also, don't miss out on an opp to see the WW2 memorial in DC, if you are in the area, and have not yet had a chance. IMO the best & most powerful WW2 memorial I have seen apart from the American cemetery at Omaha Beach...T

3. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
  4. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I'll definitely head downtown, or at least nearby, to check this out. I wonder if Aluminum Overcast will be part of it. Thanks for the link!

5. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I heard these guys will be staging at KHEF and KJYO on Friday morning.

I live and work in Leesburg, so I'll probably head over to check them out.

6. jwol

jwol Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Centreville, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    As far as I know, no one is staging out of KYJO. The heavies will stage out of KHEF and everyone else will stage out of KCJR. The CAF/EAA bombers should be giving rides in the days leading up to the fly over, although they have not firmed up their schedules just yet. Ramp access to the airports will be very limited the day of the fly over.

KYJO will be having a hangar dance in the Projet hangar on the evening of May 8th. We have confirmed one P-51 to be out side the hangar. We'll probably have at least one T-6 and we are working on having a B-17 there as well (probably Aluminum Overcast). We also expect quite a few VIPs to attend the dance.

Some of the aircraft will also be on display at the Nat. Air and Space Museum, Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles on Saturday, May 9.

7. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That's good to know, thanks for the info! I hope to catch at least part of this event, we'll just have to see where would make sense.

I went for a ride in Aluminum Overcast a few years back, and I had a blast. Great plane.