Speciale 200 cel Sport Catalyst | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speciale 200 cel Sport Catalyst

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Golattus, Oct 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Nice write-up JN !

Thanx.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! One question, you said the stock cats are 800 cell. The 458 Italia is 400 cell per cat. So 2 cats = 800 cell. Are the Speciale 400 cell per cat, or 800 cell per cat? I have the 100 cell (per cat) on my Italia and NR software and it is a real transformation. I can only imagine on the Speciale! I would suggest new software to take advantage of the new setup. Congratulations!!

3. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    According to Fabspeed site for instance it is 800 cel, I asume that per cat as also mentions weight saving is 5kg per cat (this I checked when we removed it).

Updated software is obviously very needed but it would likely cancel the 7 years service contract, so I will wait so far.

4. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Thanx for useful info both !

Software triggers me …. how is that done ? Can it ever be reversed, to which costs etc …

Thanx for explaning :)

6. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    Thanks, just sharing.

Well, a custom map adjusts your car to perfection forgetting different market’s limitations such as pollution, noise (crackles and burbles etc)... not only fuel map but timing, correction to intake and water temp, different needs for the central cylinders that run hotter than the outside ones.... seem to be a easy task but it is not.

Today’s cars adjusts themselves to changes but always within a small preset range and if you go further they stick to a security map very very far away from any limit; so if you modify the basic package: catalyst, muffler, air filter, etc and you want to get the most out of her you definitely need a custom map. Even you will get better fuel efficiency that in racing is so much important.

Don’t expect miracles like in any turbo cars but you can feel great improvement.

And yes, it’s 100% reversible.

All of these IMO!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Yes with greatest of ease, they flash it back to original mapping in seconds. Other option is to do as I do and ask your dealer to order your a second sent of ECU’s and have those flashed, keeping original ECU’s, original.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and Melvok like this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent info. In my 458 I have Novitec 100 cell cats, headers and software with the stock airbox. It also reprograms race mode and higher so the flaps are always open. I don't remember where I was told, but I was told the stock cats were 400 cell- yet I can't find anything on line and your pic says 800. So lets go with that. Wow, I went from 800->100! All I can say is the car feels really fast and sounds incredible. Ive been on the track behind a 488 GTB and on the straights he was just ever just so slightly pulling away from me. In my experience it was worth a difference of about 25-50hp. So its very possible this setup is making around 600-620hp. My mechanic tells me he is confident in this range.

9. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    On V12 stock cats are 400 cel

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you @F12KID - I obviously mixed these up.