Speciale decat or catback exhaust? | FerrariChat

Speciale decat or catback exhaust?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by unknow, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. unknow

unknow Rookie

May 14, 2015
    Full Name:
    HH
    Hi, everyone. Been in the forum since 2015. Finally, I got my dream car, my first ferrari as well. Don't laughing me, but I do feel nervous more than enjoy about drive this car so far. After I watching tons of mod exhasut video I think the FI and Kline I like the most. my question is If I just get the catback system, the F1 sound will be there or I have to decat, because I don't want to have check engine light and too much gas smell.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    The sound will be there, the loudness won't. You could also do high flow cats which would be about as loud without the smell and fumes.

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Swap for highflow cats and definitely get a muffler / catback. Muffler controls the pitch since most brands change it to an X-Pipe compared to the stock exhaust's H-pipe. Cats control volume mostly, but also affect gurgles and the "violence" of the sound.

Between all the brands, I would go with Kline, Novitec, or IPE.

IPE is the highest pitch and more monotone (in a good way). Kline and Novitec have a slightly lower pitch but play a low note and a high note simultaneously, which some find more pleasing.

Do note that IPE cat pipes only work with IPE mufflers/catback. Kline and Novitec play alot more nicely with other brands.