Speciale has a new Roommate!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speciale has a new Roommate!!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MuratC, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted

2. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Well done!

MuratC likes this.
  3. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    Outstanding! Love the build! Big congratulations!

MuratC likes this.
  4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Biutifu!!

MuratC likes this.
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I just have an interesting observation. If we ask people who don't follow ferrari and ask them which car is new design, the answer we get may not be what we think. This may just support the timeless design of the 458 design language.

Again, congrats to the OP who has two most awesome cars in recent history. They are just stunning.

JagShergill and MuratC like this.
  6. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Why would anyone care to " ask people who don't follow Ferrari"? We are Ferrari enthusiasts. Who cares what they think?

Sure the Speciale is awesome, we all know that, but it is older and slower. OK, some may not care. Someday the Pista will be older and slower, but as of now, it is an evolution of the 458 " design language" and many feel that it is a better design, and obviously - faster as a sports car and a racer.

Yes - it is awesome that the OP has both and great spec's. Celebrate the beauty and legacy of Ferrari.

MuratC likes this.
  7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I was just hypothesizing that to support the seemingly timeless design of 458 by pininfarina. It is an independent observation to how great the pista is in its own right. So you can chill out for a second now. :)

sbenus and Sav35 like this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I get what you mean. The Pista is stunning in the flesh, but I have not seen the two cars side-by-side. In Murat’s Pic, the Speciale does indeed still look fabulous and is not overshadowed by the Pista in terms of appearance. In fact, the rear of the Pista, which I think is a triumph, could look a bit ‘straight-line’ against the Speciale which has a less aggressive bit more subtly curved and equally beautiful look.

Two storming cars Murat, hope you enjoy both of them! I will have a Pista spider to put by my Speciale...but not until late 2019/early 2020 :(

JagShergill and MuratC like this.
  9. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Amazing cars and amazing specs!! I love both of them!
    may I ask what shade of blue is on your Pista please?

thanks a lot!

MuratC likes this.
  10. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    Beautiful pair
    Enjoy in great health!

MuratC likes this.
  11. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Excellent choices on both. Huge fan of the same color spec. Break that baby in so you can enjoy it as intended. Congrats!

MuratC likes this.
  12. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    It's Blu America

13. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    OK, after a few more runs and last nights brake bed-in procedures, I have a bit more to comment on Pista

- Once again, the rear view camera is a JOKE. I can't believe that I had to pay for that. It's completely useless...

- Pista has become much more civilized as I noted earlier, but trying to make it more environment friendly has some annoying features
    Eventhough they are not deal breakers, they are for sure weird in a super car. For example, you have this stupid arrow coming on screen to warn you to shift up.
    Mandatory start/stop function becomes annoying and you have to turn it off very time.

- When you drive in auto even in race mode the car shifts up so quickly, you are already at 7th gear before you reach 60kmh

- Another new feature for me is when you brake hard (learned that while bedding in brakes) the hazard lights starts flash. It maybe a good thing to have while you are
    in traffic but it will look funny when you are tracking the car

- Eventhough the exhaust is definitely much quiter than the Speciale, there is again no sound proofing at all. Road/tire/wind noise are very much there and may become
    tiring on long boring road trips

- Pista seems to be as low as my lowered Speciale. I scratched the bottom of front splitter a few times already. (I didn't get the lift system to save weight :rolleyes:)
    So for those who are afraid of hitting the car front or live in area with steep garage ways/roads should get the lift system.

- The suspension seemed to be a bit on the soft side for me for now. But for me to give a solid comment on that and on its general performance, I still have to track the car really good which will happen towards the end of April:(

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The shift pattern sounds like a repeat of the 488 where the auto mode is focused toward hunting the taller gear....very annoying. Camera also sounds as bad as 488 except thank god 488 has the sensors. Thankfully no such problems in Gt2 where everything works perfectly. Pity to hear Ferrari still cant get their **** together on these basics....but not surprised.

PS congrats on the new ride. Putting the niggling issues to one side, at least it looks very good!

MuratC likes this.
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Great review Murat! Please keep us updated when you track the car in April.
    I’m very curious when you compare the Pista with the S when going 10/10 in the track.

Again thank you!

MuratC likes this.
  17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    WOW WOW she's stunning, congratulations!

MuratC likes this.
  18. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Both cars are absolutely amazing. Congrats!

MuratC likes this.
  19. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Awesome congrats!!

MuratC likes this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    great looking cars. the stripes look terrific!

MuratC likes this.
  21. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Congratulations! Both are stunning, I think the interior of the Pista really looks great. The charcoal works very well in my opinion.

Harnesses are all part of the extra sense of occasion!

MuratC likes this.
  22. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Beautiful pair!!! The Speciale has not age one bit next to the Pista!

MuratC likes this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congrats, lovely spec :)

MuratC likes this.
  24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Nice stable, enjoy your new Pista on the track.