Speciale Market | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It is interesting to me to see so many 812s on the market, some already with 3+ owners and not many miles, very few, if any more than a year since original delivery. Some on the market more than 6 months.

There really is no other Ferrari V12 to progress to, nothing announced (presumed VS edition maybe in a year), it actually surprises me to see so many available.

So, the 812 resale market appears to be quickly ratcheting up, so much so it is has already eclipsed the average number of Speciale's for sale at any time in the past 2 years. And the number of Speciale's on the market has not significantly changed in the past 2 years other than overall there are fewer for sale (at any one time).

So, I guess my point is this.

If you want a Speciale, find one you like and make an offer. They are not making more and it does not look like there is any reason for a vast quantity to suddenly appear on the market any time soon, vis-a-vis, the 812, of which they are making more, will make more and people evidently are not enamored with them so they put them up for sale almost as soon as their signature dries on the title.

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So sell us your cars that are already depreciated since demand is good for those, and we'll sell you some cars with lagging demand and plenty of depreciation left that you could have bought years ago if you really even wanted them.

Sounds like a deal!

3. mattytoe23

mattytoe23 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    was this the pozzi blu in new england?

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    No, the 600 mile 2015 Speciale with $353k MSRP that sold for ** correction ** $390k was a stripeless Rosso Corsa example in Seattle that was heavy on CF options.

bobbyd and mattytoe23 like this.
  5. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    Lamborghini north Houston has Rosso Corsa speciale right now. I saw the car in person, it's heavy on CF options, MSRP $383,008, has 2628 miles. Asking price $389991.

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  7. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    The white one has been there for a while, I was seriously looking at it when I was on the market, but got a Rosso Corsa with the leather interior. They just got the this Rosso Corsa one last week .

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's a very good resistance to depreciation, but does not look like the stellar profit that some claim the Speciale gives its owners (also factoring the facts that the dealer will take a commission, and the price is likely to be negociated).

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The red one came in on trade from a Venezuelan fellow. Very nice car.

10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Was his last name Maduro :D

11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Is it really a $380K MSRP car? Usually cars that clear $380K MSRP need the crazy priced alcantara and personalization options in addition to carbon fiber. That car is missing the lifter which is minus $8K as well.

If the $383K MSRP is accurate (and I'm questioning if it is), then that is a very high spec Speciale. Literally nearly $100K of options, with most of that being in cosmetic upgrades that are terrible returns. You can spec every valuable utility option, plus the stripes and get a $340K car. Speccing the $11,000 carbon fiber diffuser or a $2000 carbon fiber gas cap will inflate the MSRP by tens of thousands, but is it really that much better than a car without those options?

mattytoe23 likes this.
  12. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Someone was talking near my Speciale at a car show recently and said something like “all these cf options just inflate the overall cost of the car and really don’t supply any return on investment”. So I casually asked him what he owns and it turns out he has a F430 coupe (a model which I am a big fan of). After further discussion I find out it has no cf options. So I ask him when he shows the engine bay how many people say “man I love the black plastic around the engine bay” or “man that black plastic air diffuser is so cool”. Obviously no one did. Bottom line, sure cf options cost a bit but I can’t tell you how many people comment on the cool engine bay and how cool looking the diffuser is and how good looking the side panels are on my Argento Speciale because of the cf. To each his own but sometimes I think there is cf envy out there <g>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    No need to question any further:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Does cake taste better with or without frosting? I personally love my cake with frosting, just as I love an F-car with CF.

Caeruleus11 and Clay512TR like this.
  15. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    The thing about buying a car from lambo houston is they are clueless. Also Ferrari houston will not do a PPI on any car that they don't sell... so if you want to get a PPI on one of these cars you'll have to ship the car to Austin, San Antonio, or Plano. It is a mess to buy anything from them.

IPO1 likes this.
  16. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Shelf bags, CF fuel cap and Air Freight, $24K in options that will yield a grand total of $0 on resale.

wrs likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe - maybe not. Air freight described here has less chance of re-spray so perhaps paint in better condition, shelf bags (if that's the luggage) are mostly sold separately online, and the fuel cap may entice a buyer looking for a little uniqueness. Either way, the MSRP impacts resale negotiating on both sides.

18. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My Speciale approaches $375K in MSRP, which it can only do so with the help of some hefty carbon fiber options. I love all the carbon fiber on it but I'm not expecting to get much extra resale because of it.

Carbon fiber is basically the jewelry of the super car world. Usually they are most expensive options, but are entirely cosmetic. Basic rule of thumb for any car is cosmetic options always have the worst ROI. There are exceptions like the stripes for Speciale/Scud, Paint-to-sample for Porsche GT cars, and painted SV logo for Lambo SV models, but those are rare. That’s just reality.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't know who says this but I am skeptical. The shipping companies I have discussed shipping cars with all say the same thing about air freight: its more dangerous for the car because there are always people moving around it; whereas shipping via sea means the car is in its own container. I've done it both ways, there are pros and cons. I would not generally think air means lower chance of a respray. (Thinking a little more about it, I wonder if its different for sending an individual car vs sending several but I've had too many people all tell me that air is not safer and often less safe when you are talking about damage- of course, it is faster!)

Come on guys, these cars are all special in their own ways and some people order all the options others order none of them. The truth is none of these cars are a necessity. They are just what you like. If it makes you happy then you got what you paid for. If it doesn't then- well, you need to jumpstart your heart!

F12JAJ and Clay512TR like this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Interesting. For those that have had their special purchases flown over and supported the concept of less handling and thus a reduced chance of damage it was unaddressed thus far if that was just assumption, what they were told during the sale or indeed special care given to their particular purchase. Raises the question of where exactly damage is most likely to occur for each method.

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you are making an assumption. Neither I nor anyone I know who has inquired about air freight was ever told it guaranteed better handling. It is purely about speed. Unfortunately damage can occur anywhere- even sitting in your garage.

22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #497 noone1, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    But how often do you look at your engine bay? Sure, people think it looks cool when you show it off, but are you buying it for them or you? The only time I even look at the engine is if I'm cleaning it or if I think something is messed up. With the glass down, you can barely even see past reflections and dirt most of the time. Most modern cars are also doing their best to cram the engine so far in that you really aren't even looking at much anymore. Just a giant airbox and plenum. Might as well put a CF sculpture of David back there ;)

For me, whether I'd want CF would come down to how often I see it and how often I touch it. CF is just a high quality plastic, more or less. It's easy to clean too. If I don't look at it or touch it often, I wouldn't get it.

Alcantara headliner is a great example of such an option. I don't see it and I don't touch it, so why do I care how it looks from my camera sitting on the floor pointed at the roof? Or how about CF seat backs? These are things that I hold to similar importance as the design on the bottom of my sneakers.

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    My most recent recollection was a discussion by a member deciding by air freight primarily for transit time reasons and the concept of less damage was brought up as additional benefit. I have no horse in the game so not making any personal assumptions. Agree stuff happens even with the best of intentions and care.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What are “other options” for $17k
    I don’t have this on my Speciale....

Sent from my 16M

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My car is a $330k MSRP...obviously missing some CF. So I bought some CF for my engine bay from Carbonio (great quality. So does this effect resale or how I bought it?
    Doesn’t matter to me...easy to add on and still looks good!

Sent from my 16M

Caeruleus11 and Clay512TR like this.