Speciale Market | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Great, thank you.

Ray

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Rpm that the valve opens.
    Fit a switch so you can go quiet or noisy. The valve is pathetic as is on the 458’s.

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Was that part of the well known collection out of Texas that is getting sold off? There is a 599 GTO from that collection here in Scottsdale for sale with 308 miles.

4. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Nope the car was in SLC, I bought a matching F12 TdF and speciale coupe that were all spec'd as twins from the same collection.

5. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Hello Gents. I am beginning my search for a Speciale. I am just learning so any data about MSRP's vs. sale prices is appreciated. Obviously mileage and color choices matter.

What do you guys think of the Boardwalk Speciale?. RC with Nart but with Leather seats instead of the Alcantara ones. 5180 Miles.

https://www.boardwalkferrari.com/used/Ferrari/2015-Ferrari-458+Speciale-Dallas-84ed10790a0e08f704d62b6a04d8eabc.htm

Another question: What are the typical MSRPs for a SA?

I prefer driving my cars so I think getting one with some miles on it would be best right? Thoughts.

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I think, I could be wrong, that might be @dmark1 's car. If not he might have some history on it as it's at his dealer.

dmark1 likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    That the storied speciale with accident?

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Too high priced with over 5k miles.
    MSRP’s can range from $300-400k. But for me the options didn’t matter much.
    I got a white one 3 months ago MSRP was around $330k had 3k miles and purchased for $340k.
    Friend got a RC same time with over 5k miles for similar price $350k-ish.

You have the right idea about driving the car and getting a mid-mileage car for lower price.
    3-6k miles should move between $330-360k.
    10k miles will sell for $310k
    Sub 2k miles will “ask” for $390-$420k.
    IMO save $50k for the mid-mile car....
    Best of luck! The Speciale is special!

Sent from my 16M

NSXLuvr likes this.
  9. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    That Speciale is a decent example, but you're gonna have to repaint the calipers as they currently have a rattle can paint job on them (parking caliper is painted yellow). Also I think the engine bay carbon fiber is missing the stickers. Not that it matters but the stickers do make it appear more authentic.

I would say most cars are selling for $10k-$40K over MSRP dependant on mileage and options. It's really hard to gauge what's overpriced and what's not since the options and specs can vary so highly.

I always say the safe rule of thumb is vast majority of Speciale sell for over MSRP still. The only ones I see that sell for under either have 15k+ miles or have heavily inflated MSRP spent entirely on Alcantara, leather, and carbon fiber. Also just learned that air shipping is a $17K option that is rolled into the MSRP, so watch for cars that have that.

F12JAJ and NSXLuvr like this.
  10. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Thx. guys. I've owned Porsche's and McLarens so I am quite new at this. The Air freight being part of MSRP is laughable. Why would the 2nd or 3rd owner pay for it.

11. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Original paint, no accident no stories? Very interested.
    Original

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My 10+k mile Speciale is still as new, smells new, drives beautifully solid and response is as it always was. 95% of those miles are road trips in Europe. It won’t be for sale but if it was it would be an absolutely excellent car to buy. 10k mileage is no problem and these cars will still feel as new if properly treated (and I don’t mean ‘babied’ - mine has mostly been driven at high speed with plenty of energy put through the chassis).

13. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Any maker updates ?

14. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
  15. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Doesn’t look like it has carbon diffuser or carbon front flap. I’m guessing MSRP in $345k to $350k range. It has a funky interior IMO so $350k would be a good price for it in today’s market, again IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I think the options on that are are good. Main thing that sticks out is the interior. It’s out there and probably polarizing. If you like the interior, I see know reason not to select that car! Their list price is fair for what that car is imo, although the interior combo is a bit of a wildcard against the price. It looks like $20-$30K over MSRP.

17. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My old car! She was well treated and lived in a heated hangar her entire life. Never had one problem with her.

BigJay2050 likes this.
  18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Absolutely NOT.

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Not sure what you mean by "rattle can" paint. Boardwalk Ferrari did it.

20. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    That one is being sold in va by a used car dealer. Think it’s the one with 6k miles on it.

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I love Rosso Scuderia, but that blue interior is going to appeal to a very small market of buyers. Low miles on the car...if you keep it and like the interior then great.
    But if you plan to sell later it will be difficult due to the interior....
    I’d offer $350k and go from there.

Sent from my 16M

22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  23. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I always get an indifferent reception to my interior, but I think it’s amazing (obviously). Don’t want to hijack the thread, but curious what y’all think. Give me a like if you like it.

Attached Files:

24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Looks decent against white exterior, red exterior not so much.

Clay512TR likes this.
  25. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Your interior and the one in the Atlanta eBay listing works very well with monochrome colors imo. Something like white, black, grey, and TDF blue. The Atlanta car’s interior is beautiful by itself, but it clashes really harshly with the Rossi scuderia exterior.

Clay512TR likes this.