Speciale Market | Page 48 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    100% agree with this comment. :D

In all honesty, I’ve never really been a fan of white cars in general, but when I saw this beauty, I was smitten.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JBOMD

JBOMD Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    JBOMD
    How do you know that people aren't simply hanging onto the other colors?

3. JTSE30 likes this.
  4. Giallo27

Giallo27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    Speciale looks amazing on any spec.. I’ve never heard anyone speaking bad words about this intoxicating car.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando FerrariChat

SD455TA and plastique999 like this.
  5. MKS0129

MKS0129 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Matt S
    Just added a 2015 Speciale. Some will say prices are high, but I've always purchased cars based upon personal timing versus economic timing. Exceeded expectations on visual appearance. I will be driving tonight.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Congrats!
    That’s a huge garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andynyc likes this.
  7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    The stock exhaust is very underwhelming, if not bad. There is a million page thread on it... Other than that, I don't know what you'd complain about.

8. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Absolutely incredible titanium exhaust sound when you wake her up at 5000 rpm on your way to 9K rpm. Don't really care about a million, well maybe a billion page thread ha ha.

9. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Completely disagree. A stock Italia sounds better than a Speciale from 5k to 9k rpms. The Speciale has no tone changes, just loud to louder and more mechanical. The good news is this easily fixable. Glad I fixed it on mine, it was driving me nuts to have a car that was better in every way than my Italia, but sounded worse.

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Congrats! Beautiful launch spec. Your internal calculus far better than external economic ones, drive and enjoy!

11. MKS0129

MKS0129 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Matt S
    Agreed, exhaust sound is so underwhelming. I ordered S-Line valveless a few weeks back. Should arrive any-day.

plastique999, Andynyc and FFan5 like this.
  12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What’s your exhaust setup ?

13. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Kline Inconel. I don't think anyone has to go that hard core, from what I understand replacing the H-pipe rear section with an X-pipe will add the tone changes back in. (An X-pipe will get a lot closer to the diffuser, so your installer needs to do a good job of wrapping it to keep the heat from turning your carbon yellow, or melting a plastic one)

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Headers back?

15. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I did headers, cat and muffler and it took a special tune to get rid of the CEL because the Speciale has some different sensors/software from the Italia.

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Excellent, I did the same setup with IPE.

Bundy likes this.
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Ciao bella Speciale!

Just sold mine to Graham Rahal, be on the lookout for a 17.6k mile 2014 Speciale popping up for sale (somewhere) if anyone wants a maintained driver. It was just time for me, this was the longest I've owned a car almost making 3 years and I think we were getting stagnant in our relationship..

Best car I've owned and might ever own, she's an incredible experience, but life changes & I did alright with my ownership. No looking back or shoulda coulda woulda for me, happy to be back in the saddle of a 911 for the time being!

MANDALAY, Bundy, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  18. Mc81b

Mc81b Rookie

Jan 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    MC
    Andynyc, RoadRonin, Ash Patel and 4 others like this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Bro! Noooooooo

italiafan and Lagunae92 like this.
  20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Ahhh Sam you’re breaking my heart!!

21. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    *sniff* will miss you guys..

Speciale is such a wicked machine, even over tdf for me, that I sadly don't think Ferrari will come close to capturing that magic again..

italiafan, SD455TA and Eilig like this.
  22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Then WTF did you do!? :eek:

sampelligrino and Il Tifoso like this.
  23. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    I seriously doubt it.

24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yea what’s next Sam??

sampelligrino likes this.
  25. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Haha it was just time.. no sob story for Sam, this was like one of those flings with an amazing girl you'll never forget but didn't end up being the girl I'd bring home to mom and settle down with

I'll reiterate there is quite literally no Ferrari in the catalog new or old I would choose over the Speciale for any reason other than value. Second is tdf from my own experience, maybe LaF there too but never had the pleasure. Wish I could keep them all, many of you have collections I'd dream of having, but even having 4 cars at once realized it was too indulgent for my tastes with barely enough time to take a car out for a fun drive once a week lately (one nice thing about lockdown). I think I put ~600 miles on the car year to date before I sold her, and I will not own a car I can't drive and rack up the miles on - to answer the "just keep the car and watch it appreciate to $1M" train of thought

Also I started to grow more tired of the unique Ferrari niggles that come with the brand. ~$2k annual servicing (as long as nothing extra needed), AC knob falls off $2k (why did the AC knob fall off..), random error codes thrown from time to time, had a power warranty claim rejected for a sensor in the throttle pedal (so why did I spend 5k), not feeling 1000% confident in the brakes (1 answer was the eye opening brake recall of software update + a new cap).. House is being renovated and had to pay to put the Speciale in storage across town while in my apartment because of the car's value + for the trickle charger requirement

Finally got to experience Ferrari ownership which was a lifelong dream, I'm grateful and no regrets at all :) As a Porsche guy I got to see what the other side of the grass is like both good and bad, no one else in my family ever owned one. But I ended up missing the Porsche experience...

boostedt0y, KZEVO, mdrums and 5 others like this.