Speciale owners | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Speciale owners

Discussion in '348/355' started by yookdan, Jul 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    The one that I have in the shop is #92, serial # 95853, leather seats with spoiler lip, Black/tan. Production date 10/92.

2. 348 TB

348 TB Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Mike V
    #52 348 TB, Jan 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

So strange.

Mine is #20/100, but manufactured in April 1992 and the serial number is 94001!

Can anyone explain that one?

4. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Mine is #55 - manufactured July 92'

5. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Hey guys, Just some info I have gathered over the years, what I have noticed is that the 348SS cars, and other Ferraris for that matter, is that production dates on the plate on the drivers side door post doesn't always match or make sense when you compare it with serial no. and car no. If you compare your car no.(plate on the pass. door post) and your serial no. with other SS cars they sequentially correspond together ok. That plate on the drivers door is there only because US law requires all manufacturers to state when a car was built, its not there because Ferrari wants to keep track of this info. It has to do with US law changes(DOT and EPA) and if that particular car meets the regs that are in place for a particular year.(read the plate) ie; if there were to be changes in US regs for all cars built for the '93 model year, Ferrari might built as many cars as they can before Jan. 1st '93 to get around the required change. From my research I have done so far all '93 348SS were built from mid to late '92. I owned car no. 30(serial no. 94269) and its door plate says it was built in June of '92 its MSO was dated Apr. 25, 1993. If it was built in june, where had it been for 10 months?,Ferrari probably built then held all the cars and then they shipped them to the US. (If I remember correctly the 348SS was introduced in Jan. '93 at the LA car show). I have a friend who ownes a car in the 90 no. range and his car was built in sept.'92 The car no. and serial no. sequentially make sence on my car and my friends car as do yours, they just don't match up very well with what Ferrari's date plate says. As long as they all read somewhere in the '92 MY Ferrari didn't really concern themselves with how accurate they were on that door plate date. I would bet if we could see all of the MSOs on 348SS cars they would all state a '93 date on them. Hope this helps. Regards, Vern

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    A little too much wine in the Ferrari records department! :)

7. jerenterprises

jerenterprises Karting

Mar 13, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Joshua Reed
    1994 348ss #9 of 15 live with me here in Phoenix Arizona.

8. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Why is this in the 308/328 section and not the 348/355 section? Confused.

9. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The thread was created back in 2005 before the 328 section even existed. I just think it was missed when the threads were separated into subsections.

10. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Moved.