SPECIFIED MY CAR | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SPECIFIED MY CAR

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MANDALAY, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Also received my 3D printed Chrome prancing horse. Now just to mount it on the yellow wall. I think its bigger than the one at the dealership :)

r Image Unavailable, Please Login

energy88 and Shadowfax like this.
  2. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Looks fabulous!! I’ve just had 2 photos, last one a week ago so will see how your time line equates. If you are as pleased with the PPF as you sound, I will get mine done with the same detailer. Now you can really enjoy the drive with less concern re paint damage. Well done!!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Love your license plate! :)

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Hopefully I was sent because August is their holidays and they close :(

Yes very happy with the PPF and the coating, just tell them you want it the same as mine. They covered even under the car and the door jamb. The even put a little piece behind the handle for me :)

BTW what colour is yours and configuration ?

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Given the 488 GTB is a keyless car I thought ild get 2 of these items RFID protection. But either way they are great and they are lined in leather

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Rosso Corsa with Nero interior but red stitching. Only carbon is the steering wheel and the underdoor strip. Like you not a great fan. Standard wheels with yellow calipers. Suspension lift and lights. Quite simple. Daily drive but wife has a Macan and I have a Kombi camper for my surf wagon. I’m in Tassie so lots of roads to play.
    Still to sort servicing out with Alan but may mean back to Richmond each year. Not a disaster. Waiting is the difficult bit. Cheers for your help.

MANDALAY likes this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Mate Tassie you are going to have so much fun. Better than Vic with all our speed cameras. Hobart ? Feel free to call out anytime if you need something.

8. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Cheers Angelo. Yep Hobart. Same applies especially if you are coming over for a drive.

MANDALAY likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Vics got some amazing roads. Plan for a 2 to 3 nighter and I can show - I'm talking mountains....serious fun. But count me in on a Tassie run - if that's on the cards I'm in.

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  11. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Looks fabulous. You’ve certainly worked hard on that garage. What are you going to do for entertainment now?

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Looks really good mate. I wish I had one of those in my garage!

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Enjoy the 488 and get a pinball machine in the coming months :)

14. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Do enjoy that beautiful machine. I haven’t had any further photos. Is August holidays at Ferrari?

15. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    First visit to this forum and the first post I read (all 5-pages).

Fascinating, well done and love the garage!

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thank you sir

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You did get 3 ? Primer , painted , assembled ? Yes August its closed , summer holidays.

Did about 200 kms last Sunday . From starting the engine until turning off it was a smile from ear to ear. It is seriously fast and planted. I gives to most awesome feeling. Now got to learn all the gadgets. One that I really love is braking and pulling on the left paddle and its downshifting. Cant wait till spring / summer

18. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Definitely hearing that. Only had 2 photos sent so summer recess it is!! I agree the downshifts seem to have it don’t they. Quite envious but anticipation is half the fun they say. Honest. Cheers and enjoy

MANDALAY likes this.
  19. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Hi Angelo
    Just received final photo so guess shipping soon. Can you give me the full breakdown of paint correction PPF and extra sites plus ceramic coating with costs?
    That would be really helpful thank you. How is the machine going? How many k’s have you done now and have you been to country Vic?
    Thanks again in anticipation of booking a place. Cheers

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Great !. Ok from the last photo 2 weeks latter the car was on the water. From that date the car was at Zagames about 45 days latter. The predelivery was completed about a week latter. With regards to my car they did an excellent job. When I took it for the PPF they said also was perfect no work required . So hopefully Zagames does a very good job with your car.

The PPF guys went right over the car with me there. They did find 3 very small stone chips , the sixe of a pin head. That's how good they are. Corner of the spoiler. Alan gave me touch up paint . Easy fix and I have no idea where they are now......

With PPF the Xpel cuts of the shape are very good but they knew i wanted 100% paint covered so they cut extra bits like under the bumpers , sills inside the door jamb and even under the handles. Im anal :) They applied the new version of Xpel premium plus and then I negotiated to have the Cquartz finest reserve put on.
    They will put on Cquartz on for free but the reserve is $1,000 extra but I put it in as a whole package.

PPE $7,500
    FINEST $1,000
    TINT 3M $1,200
    Total $9,700 but agreed to $9,200 cash

They had my car about 16 days

The car what can I say , just a joy.

Only little driving about 500 km so far . Im waiting for the good days, sun.

Try to calculate roughly when the car will be at the PPF shop as you will need a booking. They are very busy and in demand. And Frankly if you want to do what I did , just tell them you want it 100% like mine. All the extra PPF where they don't have pieces.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

21. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Angelo you are fabulous. That is so helpful!
    I will get on to Alan and get him to book it for me. They are paying 1/2 of the front end PPF quoted at $3k
    Alan will take it to them and is then delivering it to Hobart so we can register it here.
    My plates are not as exotic as yours. Didn’t really care what was on them so just got GTB 488 My phone is 0412 488 095 so any time you are over.
    Very appreciative of all your help. Cheers

MANDALAY likes this.
  22. mandingo

mandingo Rookie

Feb 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    albert paulet

I drove extensively through Vic and NSW during my Christmas vacations last January, I can’t imagine any driving roads for a 488 in your country without feeling like a crook and an antisocial lunatic. Driving in Australia is a very teasing experiance, you guys are heroes getting any pleasure out of your cars on those extremely low speed limits. So many cool cars in Oz at those speeds and general driving attitude really makes me buzz if you all track them sooner or latter.

23. AussieSurfer

AussieSurfer Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shane Dorney
    Angelo. Organised PPF with Jason for early November. Same plan and price as your own. Alan is cool with that. So just doing the countdown which you know all about.
    Thanks again. A big help when trying to organise this over the phone.

MANDALAY likes this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Cool.
    The PPF guys are around the corner from me. If you wish I can go over there when your car is there and also when done just to make sure they have done everything 100%. Keep an eye on it.

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Victoria the State Capital of the World with speed cameras.