Spec'ing out a 488 GTB tomorrow need advice!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spec'ing out a 488 GTB tomorrow need advice!!!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dead at the scene, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I picked RCM for my 488 GTB. To me worth the spend. Basically will you see much of a difference to RC IMO yes . You wont see much of the metallic but even better what you will most definitely NOT see the flat red of the RC at angles. MY PET HATE. Basically the RCM just shines.

As far as anything else we all have different likes and dislikes. Very rare to see 2 identical cars. But 2 items I will single out the rear view mirror get the electrochromatic as the standard mirror looks so cheap as it looks like a Toyota mirror and get leather roof lining as the standard stuff looks and feels like a pan scourer Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Another skilfully balanced view I see. And you know fchat is full of inherited money because....?!

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Can’t argue with that! RCM does look different in your picture which looks great.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    The car in the showroom was the intro color Rosso Corso Metalizzato, and the driveway shot is straight Rosso Corso.
    Is the metallic red worth the extra 13K? Only you can answer that. My 458 was the Tri Coat Yellow, and i thought that definitely was worth the price premium.
    I didn't think the metallic red was worth the premium. It's richer and a bit darker looking IMO. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Your choice.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Your car looks beautiful. It’s a nice looking color and only the buyer can justify the extra price.

I never would have paid extra for color but my wife fell in love with a certain orange on my 720 and it was a 9400 option. I ended up getting it. Not sure if it’s worth it but happy wife, happy life.

jm2 likes this.