Speed trap day | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speed trap day

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Brianjonesphoto, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    That depends, would that be a Ferrari bus or just any bus? :)

2. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Many of you may have seen on the news yesterday that 4-young people from NewCastle/Bellevue died in a terrible accident in the Burien/Normandy Park area about 3:30AM Sunday morning.

It happened just a couple of blocks down (on the street below my home), where I had installed that warning flag (see my old post above) on the 35 mph sign post around the corner.

I would guess that they must have been going at least 80+ mph, by the looks of the truck that they were in, from the TV coverage. My home is on a hill above that street, so I didn't hear the accident that night.

I stopped by the tree that they ran into yesterday afternoon and one of the neighbors who lives near the tree was out there placing candles and crying. He said the crash sounded like a huge bomb going off, he went outside to investigate and saw all their bodies laying everywhere.

Very sad.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I had a couple of kids do the same thing just down the street from my house last summer. When driver went for help the truck caught fire and killed the passenger (trapped). Ironically, the kid that was helping me Saturday was best friends with the boy that died.

I look back on the insane things my buddys and I did and wonder how the hell we made it.

There is a white cross on that corner now. I hope the message gets through.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Pity the poor Police and Fire/Rescue personnel who have to clean up after these accidents. They must see these horrible tragedies over and over again, and wonder HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID?

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That's a job that I wouldn't want to do.

The TV report said it was one of the very worst accidents that many of the rescue people had EVER seen.

Here's King 5's video showing what was left of the truck:

http://www.king5.com/cgi-bin/bi/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/ki_092604fourkilled2.wmv