Speeding very costly these days. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Speeding very costly these days.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by madturk, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    International license would only work:
    1. If no prior US license has been issued.
    2. If fingerprint records do not exist.
    3. With a convincing accent.
    4. With a convincing foreign "act."
    5. With foreign passport.
    5. With valid US visa in foreign passport.
    6. If the cop(s) do not recognize you or your car.
    7. If the car is registered to someone else.

If you get a foreign license at this point, it will be completely useless.

If you are truly going to drive while suspended, you need a fake US license. These used to be easy to get until around 1999, when DMVs nationwide started checking the validity of Social Security numbers.

Now, if you get arrested with it, and they run your prints (and presumably, come up with your correct identification), you are screwed. If you get arrested with it, and they run the social security number on it, and it is fake, you are screwed.

If you use someone else's valid social security number and ID and get a ticket, their driving record gets screwed. If you get arrested and use their ID, you will create a criminal record for them (with your prints). This can again land you in hot water if your prints match up. And if you ever need to travel abroad in the future, you may have a great deal of difficulty in getting a passport.

You are creating a web of complications that will only trap you in the future. Why do this when it sounds like you have a nice lifestyle with F-cars and a business to run? Instead, see if an attorney can help. This is the best advice I can give you.

If not, see if you can:
    - Do track days, both to get a thrill and to improve your skill levels. But it never slowed me down on the street and I doubt it will slow you down.
    - Go to Europe or the Middle East for driving holidays and have a blast. In France, if you get nailed, have $600 handy.
    - Take up another hobby like climbing, hiking or swimming--one that takes lots of time and does not involve driving somewhere. Do it at least for the duration of your suspension so you are otherwise occupied and not tempted to drive.

Be aware that the safety nazis out there will always bring up the "you're endangering my wife and child" scenario. It doesn't matter if it's safe to do 160 in a modern car on an empty highway. They will always use this argument and they will always win because it paints you in a bad light (you want to go around killing women and children and are an arrogant prick with a Ferrari) and it makes them look like pious, considerate, loving, selfless, good citizens. You cannot win this argument. Make wiser choices and don't get caught and don't piss these people off to begin with.

A couple of questions:
    1. How did they ever catch you if you were going that fast? Do you not consider outrunning them? Or did they block off the highway? If they ended up doing that, they DEFINITELY do not let you get away with a warning!

2. Why can't you move your business? Is there no market for your product/service anywhere else?

If you drive while suspended, I have ZERO sympathy for you. If someone hits you and you claim it's their fault (and it very well may be) you are STILL at fault for disobeying the courts and occupying that space on the road. The courts have spoken--if you disagree with what they are saying, take legal measures to reverse it.

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I will say this much. I am not a stupid person or someone who indangers peoples life. I was simple making a point that the judge was a prick and a bit harsh. Considering the charge I think and I know many will agree that the punishment was a bit too much. The judge checked my record from 10 years ago. I am 32 now and when I was 22 man I deserved everything they are saying to me now. Last 5 years not a single moving violation in my record. Before that you name it. Had my license suspended so many times, got tickets like no one did. When I got stopped I got at least 4-5 tickets. I did outrun them plenty in those days. But after a while I learned my lesson. I am not proud of this. I am 32 year old profecional without a license what is there to be proud I spend a night in jail. That was not fun. Unlike these idiots say I did plenty of track days on my Porsche. This all began because I was simply making a point of how harsh the sistem got and was trying to let people know this. But then the name calling started which I do not accept. I think it is cowardness to sit behind a computer and call people names. Again I was doing 121mph. on a highway that I know extremely well and there was not a soul around. When get my license back and when the conditions are the same most likely I will do it again.
    Best regards,
    Those who called me names are .....................( you fill in the blanks)

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    "32 year old profecional without a license what is there to be proud I spend a night in jail. That was not fun. Unlike these idiots say I did plenty of track days on my Porsche. This all began because I was simply making a point of how harsh the sistem got and was trying to let people "

You could always spend the time on suspension learning how to SPELL!!!!!

You are lucky i was not the judge... I would have made your current situation look like a slap on the wrist.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Madturk:

There is a time and a place for everything. I love to go fast...on the track and on the street. Europe is much safer on the street...the drivers are trained...are used to the speed...and actually pay attention.

In the US...we all know it that the average Joe is well below in the ability and mentality race. Unfortunatey, rather than improve skills, etc..they have artifically surpressed speed limits....and huge fines...and all the rest. Your moves may have not been the brightest...but don't deserve what you got. The foreign license thing might be good...the average Barney Fife won't know what to do with it when you get stopped.

If you are going to go fast.....the cops hang where the traffic is..........the Interstate system....and for me with the night having less visability than the day...I'd rather keep the speed down. Hmmmm....xome to think of it...I have seen 175 in South Dakota in the middle of the nite.

Best of luck...be carefull....spend time in Europe and the track....and don't get hurt or caught!

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Where's the phsycology expert to diagnose him? Sure madturk seems to be an extreme case but all the preachers and teachers come out of the woodwork. This pattern is so predictable and happens so often. And all the john wayne typists, give it a break. Meet this guy or anyone else you slander at a meet and kick their ass if you can, then type all about it.
    I am only commenting on the speeding issue. There is nothing extreme about 120 in the described conditions. Depending upon your age, you should remember days when the posted limit was 80 on many roads back when the cars could not corner worth **** and had drum brakes stopping 5000lb kiddie haulers. I remember as i was a passenger then with a trailer in tow. Because of a gas crunch and out of control legislators we have a bunch of folks saying that F1 technology rockets have to drive like sally the farmers' daughter. No one defends driving fast in populated areas and putting others at risk, but most mature drivers in exotics can pick the area to enjoy their rides and use their judgement. I would show you the twisty roads i use deep in the country if you're interested. There is danger in almost anything, bike riding, motorcycles, skateboards, many occupations, accept it and enjoy or stay home in bed.
    The show misquoted so many times was on the history channel about the autobahn. FACT lower death rate per million vehicle miles on high speed autobahn vs. US interstate system (apples to apples). Please don't quote your instructor, unless his name was mansell, about how dangerous driving is. Reminds me of all the pencil necks instructing people in gyms.
    T

6. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Madturk,

I would suggest you not drive during your suspension. It happened so let it play its course and be done with it.

Have someone else drive you, or even lease a limo for a year and hire a student someone to drive it. It could be fun and not all that expensive. If a limo is to flashy, get a blacked out hummer or whatever you want. You may find you like the "Windthorpe" livestyle.

I havent been to the cadillac showroom lately, but im sure they'll hook you up.

Greg

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    You know what yea jail sucks! I mean lets be honest you screwed up who wants to have all those stuff done and taken from you.(no one)
    But just be happy you where put in jail for speeding and not man-slaughter.
    Anyways im going to tell you right now the way to keep yourself from getting into trouble again!
    Ok, like everyone here we all have done are stupied stuff with cars showing off and what not. I mean when i was in H.S jez I look back which was only 2 years ago and cant believe some of the stuff I pulled.

But what really made me learn and realize how dumb I was is exactly what alot of this guys are yelling at you for(family). Out of H.S I became a firefighter/medic and yea Ive seen alot of people die(God rest there souls) but the one that made me really think.
    It was a thursday at 8:27 our Tones went off for a TC (traffic Acc) did not think anything of it. Get on scene and i see this civic and a motorbike and two bodies on the ground like 20 feet from the bike. So I go do what im suppose to do when I realize that its my friends mother that im trying to save. The car cut them off and made them slide and she put her neck right into the windshield. She died right infront of me. (Every put a white sheet over someone) I had to explain the next day to my friend why I could not save his mother. O yea and the driver of the civic his and my friends...girlfriend that puts another twist in it.
    Now your wondering how is this going to make me stop doing dumb @ss stuff. Well WALK down to the fire dept tell them you want to ride along for a day. (they will allow it) Go to a station thats near a freeway. Go on a call and sadly watch someone die becouse another person thinks a tree that goes by at 180 looks better then the one at 80. You let that happen to you and you will be driving 60 on freeways. Iknow i do

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    So you only drive safe when you don't have a license? A driver's license is not a James Bond "license to kill".

How safely were you driving if you didn't notice the cop?

9. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Turk,

I won't deny I drive 'enthusiastically' on the highway, but boy you sound like a right jerk and the sooner they bang you up and throw away the key the better, you don't appear to understand what you are being told by the system and others, you will someday when its too late, I only hope its only you involved when that day comes.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lets recount: Does 170+ MPH "lots of times"; Caught for 121 at night; car burns at gas station while he gets ticket; just got off license suspension;

What of the above, indicates that you are NOT stupid? or did I miss anything?

11. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Harsh? You do the crime, you do the time. If the roadway was empty...how was it that you were clocked? Unless it was from the air, you were endangering the life of the trooper in the car. All farmland around there? Any idea how far you can blow off the highway if you lose a tire at that speed? All of your statements seem to indicate that you have not learned from any of your past lessons so what is it exactly that makes the punishment harsh? So please...just accept responsibility and stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

- JMG

12. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Actually, there is a group of guys in a video posted earlier today that MadT might dig hanging out with. Post subject something like "Ferrari Lambo Porsche Video". Actually kind of fun to watch, but makes it clear why the rest of us have high insurance premiums.

13. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I think everyone here can rest assured that this guy will get his due sooner or later. He does have a point that we have all done similar stupid things at one time or another but most of us have learned from our mistakes. I think he posted this just to get comments he expected us to give him. I actually wonder if any of it is really even true.

Someone mentioned that their wife and kids would not likely be on the road at 2 a.m. which is most likely true for most of us. But I do have friends that might be on the road at that time. In fact at one time my dad traveled and was often on the road during those hours. My point is friends or family no life is unimportant even if it isn't YOUR wife and kids and especially if they are an unwilling participant (obstacle) in your thrill ride.

As for the stupid comments. No need to get mad....madturk, YOU ARE the one to admit to your wrongdoing and by the way, fun or not it is against the LAW to do what you say you did. You play, you pay.

Then there is that spelling issue. C'mon guys, just because he cant spell doesn't mean he is stupid but it does tend to look and sound that way.

And last, what the hell are you thinking madturk. I don't know what you call stupid but me personally, I think.......Posting on a public forum your violations of the law for everyone to read and see qualifes for stupid. For all you know that prick judge you refered to could be a Ferrari owner, oh and whats more a member of this board. Now you have just provided evidence, admission of guilt and intent to do it again for that prick judge or anyone else here you may have pissed off enough that might want to see you squirm a little more or see you pay a harder price for what you have readily admitted to. Use your head dude. If you dont you may end up not having one to use

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I used to drive very fast on the roads, I saw 185 in my Countach out in the Nevada desert several times. I got caught once by some idiot Cop & I wasnt realy going that fast. Well I learned from that experience & these days the fastest I go on the highway is around 87 or so, thats so I can get back down under 85 in a big hurry if need be.

The Cops these days dont mess around w speeding anymore. There are big fines & nobody has a sense of humor about it anymore so its a really bad situation if you get caught. I hate it but they own the highways & the cops are theirs so theres little you can do. Best bet is get a race car & take it to the track.

As for buying an electric car, thats insane that a Judge could get away with forcing you to sell your proprety

15. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Quite so, racerx.

16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Interesting thread... but I agree with people on both sides, to some degree...

First, there are plenty of roads in the US where driving 121 in a Ferrari is *safer* than the not-uncommon 80mph in a Ford Expedition. The braking distance is about the same in both cases, but your ability to maneuver is much higher in the Ferrari. Then you have people with poorly maintained SUVs with bald, under-inflated tires... talking on cell phones, in traffic... a Ferrari doing 121 on a relatively empty multi-lane highway is a NON-ISSUE.

With that said, 180 on public roads is NOT just a little more of the same. There are very few roads in the US where 180 is reasonable... long straight roads where there is nothing but road and desert (no buildings, no trees, no nothing) and you can see everything for three miles. The problem with 180, in addition to being at the limit of your car and forces being so much greater, is that you are sooooo waayyyy beyond what anybody else is expecting that you are very likely to get yourself and somebody else in huge trouble.

With all that said, note that I can still believe that you, madturk, are NOT driving safely... even without knowing the roads in GA. Why? Your record. Note in the above examples, I would not get tickets... if I can see for 3 miles in all directions, then I know for sure there is nobody there to clock me! The fact that you've been caught that often says you are driving those speeds on stretches of road that you in fact do NOT have good visibility. Cops are generally way easier to see than many of the road hazards that could pop up... if they clocked you, they could have easily been a dump truck that pulled out in front of you... or worse, a mom in an Expedition with 6 kids headed to soccer practice.

Also, note that in the above, 2am is NOT a good time for a 180mph run... no visibility!! Yeah, there's not too many people on the road... but being on that road shouldn't be a crime punishable by death!! I have certainly been out on empty roads at 2am with my family... not too often... but I don't want to die the rare times that I do. At 2am, you are just playing the odds... not unlike Russian roulette... except you are playing it with the pistol pointed where someone else *might* be walking. If you can't see that its definitely safe, then don't do it!

But with all the above said, 121 on an empty public multi-lane highway is... if you are doing it in appropriate situation... is BORING!! Hell, even 160 on one of those long straight, can-see-for-miles-and-miles stretches of highway is fairly uninteresting. At least it is once you've driven your Ferrari at a "mere 130mph" as deep as you can into a 220-degree right hander such that you NEED to slam on the brakes to stay on track, drift (not slide) the car around the corner at the very limits of adhesion, adding gas as soon and as much as you can such that the tires are slipping just a little, and the car drifts out to within a foot of track edge...

After that, as others have said, driving fast on public roads with curbs and unknowns just becomes STUPID and/or BORING. Why? Its boring because you can't really take it to the limits of adhesion without being really, really stupid. A bit of gravel, a bit of tire tread, whatever, and that limit of adhesion is suddenly gone and you are in a full slide towards a curb and your (and others, possibly) death. Thus, if you leave room for some little unknowns, then you are no longer at the edge of adhesion, you're at say 85%, at which point there's not much challenge to it. Thus, driving on public roads stops being about AT-THE-LIMIT performance... you can't really get there anyway, so you leave that for the track.

You can still have fun on the streets... driving a Ferrari at 60% can still be fun, can still generate some high-G's... but you're gaining your "room for unknowns" in other places. For example, on a racetrack, in a curve, you plot a line from outside to inside apex to outside... if you're at the limit of adhesion, there is no room for error. Instead, on a multi-lane highway, take the tightest line possible, maybe changing lines to the inside during the curve. You get to feel that wonderful handling and some lateral G-forces at maybe 85%, and have a few extra empty lanes of space to deal with unknowns.

So unlike some others in this thread, I still prefer to drive high-performance sportscars on the street... but I will agree with them that I have no desire to push them anywhere near the limits of safety on the street... that's what the track is for. Rather, I simply enjoy the higher 60% (due to the much higher limits) and I enjoy the sportier driving characteristics (flatter turning, great feel of the road, lots of torque).

And Road Atlanta is a very well-thought-of track... I hope to drive it someday. There's no excuse to own a Ferrari, like high-speed driving, and NOT be going to the track, given where you live!!

One additional suggestion, madturk... get the electric car AND go to an autocross and see if you can bum a ride with some of the top drivers in the most "pathetic" cars. Or take an Evolution Autocross School in your electric car... at which the instructor will take you for a ride in your electric car. Why? Because you'll come to realize that a top autocrosser can drive even the most pathetic car out there, your electric car included, through that course faster and with more G's than you could with your 355! I'm dead serious. Once you realize that, ask them which car would be better to learn how to drive like that in... your 355 or your electric car. You can have a blast taking any car to the limit at an autocross... its not about horsepower or absolute speed... its about keeping the car at the limit of adhesion for as much of the time as possible. Playing with the limits of the friction circle is WAAYYY more fun than simply seeing how high you can get the speedometer to go before a cop pulls you over.

Try it... you may find that you love autocross, put a suspension package and R-rubber on that little electric car, and start giving the drivers in HS a run for their money. (After a whole lot of practice... there are a lot of great drivers out there!)

Hey, look at the bright side... this latest encounter with the law, may lead you to some great new hobbies, lead you to major boost in your driving talents, lead you to a new appreciation for high performance driving, and so on... all in addition to probably saving your life (and maybe somebody else's).

Cheers.

17. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I do realize that I have a bad record. Just about every ticket that I got in my record was from 7 to 10 years ago. People make all kinds of bad choises and as time goes on it's all forgotton. Not your traffic record. I am sorry but to go back 10 years in a persons record for speeding ticket and to judge him because of it is a bit extreme. Just so I make myself clear here, this tread was written to open everyones eyes. To show how bad it is if you get caught speeding ( From my own bad experience ). This was a strect where you could see for 3 miles ( people who live around Atlanta should know this ) and there was not an other car in sight. Unfortuanetly pigs in GA. hide behind trees, bridges or anything else they can find. Now the 180mph. runs were not done during the night. They were done early mornings when the visibity was much better and when there were no cars around ( it happens ). Despite what people here say, I've been on the track many times. I grew up in Germany and raced rally cars and motorcycles when I was younger ( not professionaly ). I've been to Road Atl. many times with my Porsche. But I do realize that does not mean I could indanger other peoples lifes. Anyone here that owns a Ferrari and when the conditions are like I described above, and still keep it at 80mph. has wasted his or her money when they bought that car. I am proud to say that I do not do stupid stuff like racing on the street, going fast in traffic, or indangering anyones life. But I like to drive fast ( when the conditions are right ) and I see nothing extreme about what I've done. Now as far as the name calling cowards, thank you for all your input. You just showed me and everyone else on this board a great deal about your personality.
    PS> I am sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention.
    Happy motoring everyone.

18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Rijk is partly correct. If you want to drive fast, do it in Germany.

The simple truth is: No matter where you live in the US, you are never going to be safe driving fast on public roads.

I can't MOVE to Germany because my life is in the US. However, once a year, I go over there for a couple weeks and rent a Ferrari and drive the snot out of it. Yes, it costs usually $5k-$10k. And yes, I'd much prefer to sink that equity into a Ferrari of my own in the US.

However, think about the math. If you buy it, and live in the US, you can't drive it properly public streets. Then the more you drive it, the more rapidly it depreciates.

But if you spend a week or two a year renting one in Germany, the money you spend probably works out to be no more than the depreciation you'd encounter had you purchased and driven in the US. And the "fun per mile driven" quotient of driving the Autobahn versus US highways is considerably higher -- WITHOUT the risk of arrest, fine, losing license, public embarassment associated with such problem, etc.

For me, it's a no brainer. And the fact that I get to drive the "latest and greatest" while I'm there is just a bonus. Last year I drove the 360 Coupe and F40. This year I drove the 575M and 360 Spider. Next year I'm driving the Challenge Stradale and Gallardo. Heck, if I were to buy any of these cars in the US, the sales tax ALONE would cost more than renting for 2 weeks per year in Germany.

19. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    just curious, but did you try getting the ticket fixed? i know that here in TX, one can usually get tkts fixed, altho not sure about speeds over 100mph...would no doubt be expensive, but probably worth it.

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lets recount: 121 MPH at night; you are lucky the judge didn't go back to birth.

Then why are your eyes the ones staying shut? Do you have to be killed in an accident to 'learn'?

The penalty is set high for a host of reasons, but it boils down to A) it kills/maims/hurts inocent people, B) it generates revenue.

Sounds like YOU set YOURSELF up! and don't like the consequences. This means that A) you learned nothing, B) you remain dangerous, C) you have no qualms about doing it again! I'm thinking of a 5 letter word that begins with S and ends with D; can you guess the word?

The law disagrees with your conclusion. Who do you think will win an argument of this nature, you or the law?

21. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Mitch,
    Do you mean STUPID? It has 6 letters...or are you thinking of another word?

Can't say I agree with you.
    120mph is reasonably safe in a Ferrari 355 on an open highway.
    Going ten years back IS unfair.
    Throwing the book at him IS unfair.
    Forcing him to sell his car IS unfair.
    People do have runs of bad luck--nothing to do with intelligence.
    Etc.

Madturk, didn't you get a lawyer who could take care of the ticket for you? That is what seems stupid to me...not knowing how the "justice" system really works.

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    120mph is reasonably safe in a Ferrari 355 on an open highway. -- I disagree, in a country where people use their rear view mirrors yes, in the USoA, no.
    Going ten years back IS unfair. Not when the offense was over 100 MPH.
    Throwing the book at him IS unfair. Not when he shows the attitude he shows here.
    Forcing him to sell his car IS unfair. I am ambivolent here.
    People do have runs of bad luck--nothing to do with intelligence. Intellegent people learn from their mistakes, he has not shown that he has learned anything (yet).

23. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    God, if only I was as smart as Mitch. Ohh well some people are born lucky I guess. Thank you Mitch for all the advice. Ahhhhh, I sure learned my lesson thanks to you. I am so lucky that the judge didn't put me in jail for ever and ever. That would have been bad, probably fair still but bad. I am gonna do one better then you from now on. You are saying that you are driving 1 or 2mph. over the speed limit. Shame on you for breaking the law. They post those speed limits for a reason Mitch. What gives you the right to break the law. I will never go above the speed limit ever again thanks to you.
    THANK YOU MITCH I don't know what would have happend to me if didn't teach me my lesson.
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU

24. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Mitch,
    since you are so intellligent, what was the 5-letter word?

25. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I did have a lawyer. I also had letter from a state approved mech. saying that the speedo was showing 19mph. off. Which would bring my speed down to 102mph. Cherokee County maaan. The judge made up his mind as soon as he saw my name and what kind of car I drive. I don't care what idiots like Mitch say, that judge did profile me. I wanna say KKK redneck bastards. But hell with it, I decided to let it go.