Speeding very costly these days. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Speeding very costly these days.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by madturk, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Did they use radar or VASCAR?

What your speedo says is irrelevant, unless you were using it to show that you thought you were going at the indicated speed rather than the actual speed?

Either way, tough luck. Life's not always fair. On the plus side, it seems like you still have a lot to be thankful for.

There is a statute that you are entitled to a fair and impartial trial. In California at least we have it, and I have seen it used in traffic matters. If this exists in your state, you could appeal your sentence and have the next trial moved to another jurisdiction/judge...maybe worth a shot to help save your record somewhat?

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I find it amazing. You get a speeding ticket and idiots are comparing you to people like Charles Manson. Get a life dude.
    Quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My wife once ask a question: "If there is a long line of cars all speeding, which one does the cop stop?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------I am sure your wife has alot of questions ( stories maybe ???? ) and I am sure you have the answer for everything.

3. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Actually it helps. Most times they bring the speed down. I know some people that got away with it. It works unless if the judge was an a..hole. Which in my case was.

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    It was laser.

5. Apex

Apex Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    madturk
    pls seek some professional help...

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

120 in a 355 in the daylight may be safe on a deserted road with no pedesterian access. 120 at night is attempted murder. the stalled car, with a dead battery in the slow lane, or the guy with no rear lights are not volunteerring to die.

Art

7. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey we hit the trifecta!
    The preachers, teachers, and now new member apex supplied some babble. See my post referenced above.
    I say all this with the understanding that i don't do top speed runs or lay patches. Because no interest in former, preserving drivetrain on the latter. But i do drive fast in conditions where I deem it to be appropriate. Some of you trackers seem to have developed a false sense of security as if screwing up on a track is without danger. I have seen many guys part out cars that cracked up at tracks and know of people who died tracking. The bottom line is use your head.
    Hey mitch i still don't know that word you hinted at and your argument is simplistic, no intelligent driver, not even madturk goes bombing down a road at high speed regardless of the conditions like some mad hatter. People don't have to agree with you or your take on life or the so-called judges either. If you want to drive some arbitrary slow speed go ahead but most here don't and most people don't. Here in the northeast we have a free drivers ed course. Its called winter. We always have a chuckle (unless injury is noted) when CNN shows the warm weather folks fumbling around when the rare snowstorm or ice storm hits the unfamiliar. .......Why do you think they show it or film it? Unathletic, slow reflexed, slow thinkers are still unathletic, slow reflexed, slow thinkers now matter how much drivers ed they have. And hopefully not many will get their soft hands on an exotic.
    1)At night with my brights i can see far ahead especially on an interstate, and i usually use them because cops are covered in reflective markings. however
    2) most cops where i live hide quite well and can not be seen by anyone (best hiders are on nj turnpike)

T

8. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Does anyone here run the Pony Express or the Silver State Classic?

You can legally drive up to 155- (depending on your equipment)

Ed

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    You think a large fine is costly ? Think about this. If you are speeding over 85 in say CT, you are on the hook for reckless driving, Now if you decide to flee from a pursuing Cop you are on the hook for a FELONY. To make matters worse should you kill some1 accidently, God Forbid, You are now looking at Murder 1.

Thats why I almost never go over 84 on the US highways these days. The rules have all changed & they are not in our favor