Speedo accuracy | FerrariChat

Speedo accuracy

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F328GTS, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I know this topic has been done before, but I was surprised by the accuracy of my speedo today as most owners report up to 10% inaccuracy.

I was clocked officially today at Woodbridge doing 151, and my speedo indicated 151. Spot on! The old technology on the 328 is much better than the modern cars it seems. Another driver that was in a 360M reported clock speed of 180 but an actual speed of 167.

Nigel.

2. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I was also @ Woodbridge and yes Nigel the findings were interesting. My 355 spider had a clock change from kms to mph 2,500 miles ago and I have to say it was spot on - trying to read the clock and drive though at 166 is a bit un-nerving! So I think with all things Ferrari each car is individual and no surprise that some cars have inaccurate clocks!

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Interesting. My car's clock reads 10% faster than GPS....

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I was also impressed with the accuracy of my speedo this weekend..bang on with the GPS. I was more impressed with the speed (German Autobahn) - over 250kph with the roof off! F.U.N.