Spider Rear Window Fix | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spider Rear Window Fix

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by limbo, Nov 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Thanks for the help!!! I'm going to try the Novus first and post pics before, during and after. It's definately a much better way to go than removing the top. If it doesn't work then we'll look at more aggressive steps ;-)

2. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Another vote for Novus. That's what I use. As Mike said, get it from SkyGeek. $13.25 is about the best price you'll find and the 8oz bottles will last you forever. Just be careful and don't get the polishes on the fabric part of the top. It's a pain in the ass to get it out.

3. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Does anyone have any positive/negative things to say about Meguires product that is supposed to help remove anything on the plastic?

Does anyone know the actual name of the product? I wanted to get it tinted to match, but was advised against it... Suggestions welcome!

4. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Tried it a few times without success. It is important on what type of plastic you are trying to remove scratches from. Perspex and lexan have different properties.

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Just used Griots Plastic polish on my 360 Spider rear plastic window. It worked extremely well. Turned faded spots to clear. Followed up with Plexus plastic polish and cleaner. Excellent results. Just an FYI.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  6. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Here’s an after photo. Window had faded spots etc but now is clear. Big improvement.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Joe Sommer and Kokose7en like this.
  7. Joe Sommer

Joe Sommer Rookie

Apr 19, 2019
    Hey! Realize it's been a while since your post. Rear window looks great, like new! I'm going to try the same. Is your 360 grigio alloy?

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Yes Joe. It was Grigio Alloy. Regrettably I sold it a few years ago. Currently have a 360 Gated coupe. Can't get the 360 out of my system. :)