Spinner Wrench for Borrannis | FerrariChat

Spinner Wrench for Borrannis

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by FredParoutaud, Jun 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    Hi Folks,

Does anybody know where to get a spinner wrench for the 3-ear spinners you might see on a Borrani wire wheel? I've seen ones that are about 4 feet long, with 3 coated lugs that lock against the spinner ears, but my search is not coming up with any hits.

Thanks so much,

Fred Paroutaud

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  3. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    #3 FredParoutaud, Jun 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks UT, very cool stuff!

But...not exactly what I'm looking for. I've sketched the tool and attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Fred,

Take another look at that post. I bought one of the pieces from Mike Kumor, and I think it's exactly what you're looking for. It has a 3/4" drive, so you can use it with a 4' breaker bar, and you'll have exactly what you've sketched. You'll also have a close fit and vinyl coating to pretect the spinner ears.

--Matt

5. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    Hi Matt,

Yes, I did see that one, and I agree it's the same function. For some danged reason I'd love to have the one I sketched! :) You'd get more surface area contact with the 3 lugs than you would with the 3 socket edges. But still, it's a pretty neat tool, and the fact that it's available makes it all the more neat.

Thanks, and if anybody has a clue about the one I sketched I'd still like to track it down.

Best regards,

Fred