++++SPOILER++++ YIPPEE!!! Some guy won the GP!! ++++SPOILER++++ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

++++SPOILER++++ YIPPEE!!! Some guy won the GP!! ++++SPOILER++++

Discussion in 'Australia' started by scud, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    title was changed AFTER I chipped him about it

2. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    This thread wasn't posted when the race was "long over", it was posted less than two hours after the race finished, and more than one hour before the finish of the race on the first video coverage available to me.
    And no, you don't have to "tippytoe" around them for a week (which is clearly excessive).

Who said it was mission critical? If you're asking advice, you probably want an answer. There's a racing forum specifically for discussing racing (hence the name and all), it's a reasonable assumption that racing-related threads ought to go in there, and not in here. CERTAINLY not in here with spoilers in the thread title, which have caused people to be banned before.

If it's beyond the intelligence of somebody to avoid putting the result or a clear indication of it in the thread title, or even to realise that the race is still underway for some people in the same country, then, to borrow your phrase, there is a serious problem.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    So now you are browsing the web when you should be watching the race? Tsk tsk :p Also the race is on the same time for everyone one the timezone means nothing.

And 5mins after the race is over on ten = "long over". He posted it @ 5am, which was after the coverage on Ten was finished he didnt post it when the actual race was on.

:p

So please gives us a proper time I can start a thread about Kimi being world champion? :p

:D

4. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    What the f*ck is going on inside your head? I said it before, and I'll say it again

For the sake of clarity, that was the Ch10 coverage.

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    huh??????

6. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    For a starters im talking in general and not talking about you and your situation.

Secondly, what exactly is important that you had to come into the Ferrari forums @ 2am your time. Please show me the thread. The fact is you knew the race was delayed in Perth, why even risk to come visit? What was so important that you couldn't wait 2hrs for?

Scud and others are just excited that a FERRARI driver won the title. It was already over 1hr from when the ACTUAL race was over. Calling for a Ban over someone being excited over a win that happened hrs ago, is Ahyes to the extreme.

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Live events happened at the same time across the world regardless of the timezone you are in... regardless if its a delayed telecast or not.

8. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    Then you should talk in general terms, and not about specifics like "after the coverage on Ten was finished", when that is flat out not the case.

I didn't, and I never claimed to have done so. That doesn't change the fact that it ought to be possible to do so without ruining your morning.

Being excited about it is fine. Posting about it is fine. Posting the results in the thread title the issue. I've yet to see a reasonable justification for doing that.
    People have been banned for the exact same thing before, so I'd say calling for a ban over someone posting a spoiler is consistent to the extreme (which may be what you meant, who the hell knows what "ahyes to the extreme" translates to in English?)
    The whole "OMG hours ago" thing is ridiculous anyway - it was barely "hours" ago, it was sub-two, and, for the 83 millionth time, any dedicated fan is watching the TV broadcast to get a full picture of events, and the TV broadcast was STILL GOING within the region covered by this subforum.
    It's not a f*cking difficult concept, is it? Don't put results in thread titles. See? Easy.

9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ummm...yeah....errrrrrr....ok

10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    OR get over it. :rolleyes:

11. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    The point isn't this instance - the point is the next time it happens. Bans are there to stop people from doing stupid things, of which the original post in this thread is a truly fine example. Still, given the track record of the OP, perhaps a ban doesn't actually reduce the rate of stupid things happening in this particular case.

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Bans are for people who cross the line for excessive trolling or constant personal attacks or spam or racist/abusive stuff. To say that to post a spoiler in a thread for an event that has happened in the "past tense" is in the same catagory is pretty lame and I dont understand why you keep rambling on about it. GET OVER IT. KIMI WON LEWIS LOST :p

13. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    Because there is precedent. Can you not read, or is it just the big words that are difficult to comprehend?

14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    go tell that to tifosi12, he loves you and I'm sure he'll explain the spoiler/ban thing to you as a living example just so you get the concept :p

so now you're telling someone in a DIFFERENT timezone that is waiting for the TV telecast rather than watching it on the crappy internet telecasts that they can't read ANYTHING until they have seen the TV telecast ??!!

This hasn't been a fascist state since I stepped down as mod :p

15. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Bring back the lash and gas ovens :)

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    PERSONAL ATTACK BAN VMAX!

Take a chill pill, relax.

17. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    man , you go to sleep for a few hours , and all hell breaks loose. i didn't know that 3 words like ' well done kimi' was as harsh as say ' go get ****ed ' . :D i have a few pm's i haven't read yet , so i'm sorry if i ****ed up. john , you posted 30 mins after i posted the thread , but chose not to tell a mod to change the thread , change the thead title yourself . thought you had the keys to the city to do such things ? sorry again , but if you want to see some realy nasty **** posted on this site , it's pretty easy to find. way worse than 3 little words.

18. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Correct. If they put the effort not to watch TV(ch10 of all channels ALWAYS SPOILS THE RESULTS B4 THE QUAL/RACE IS ON! haha), read a paper, talk to anyone that watched the race that could possibly spoil it. Then they should do the same when on the internet.

Also its the MODS responsibility to modify thread titles if he deems them inappropriate, not ban the said poster for "not thinking".

I dont care, im enjoying seeing everyone having a cry over nothing. I have done nothing wrong, but im getting mad attacks from everyone and Its funny.

I always cheered you on to stay! :p

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    you might think you're right...but there is a precedent on this board for doing that...and the poster HAS been warned before.

you don't have to agree with it, but it is how it is.

20. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    who ?

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    they do BOTH on this site, been there done that, bought the Tshirt ...

WE may not agree with it , and a lot of posters don't, but THAT is how they play the game here which is why I mentioned the title early this morning

Wax is cool with us Aussies but if someone else in the US had just logged in and had panned down thru the regional listings and sees KIMI WORLD CHAMP they will have a squeal about it and the mods will ban even if it is in the heat of the moment (ask me how I know)

22. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    how do you know ?

and why don't you answer the question i asked about changing the thread heading 30 mins after it was posted ?

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    did you change it ?

because I know I didn't

24. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    are you taking the piss ?

of course i didn't change it .

why didn't you change it 30 mins after me ?

and how do you know ?

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    *sigh*